Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laggy Accelerator Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 09:36 PM
Mudding
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars
Which engine do you have? I thought this was only an issue on the SC V6 Discovery?
Nope. Can confirm it on Td6. PCM update made it noticeably better.

Old 11-08-2019, 11:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

Good to know. Strange that they got it on two very different engine setups
Maybe try having them reflash the pcm again given it's has worked well for others

Old 11-09-2019, 08:31 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars
Which engine do you have? I thought this was only an issue on the SC V6 Discovery?
Our is the Td6. Still haven't gotten the car back from the shop though so I can't yet detail what they did nor whether it worked...

Old 11-12-2019, 08:28 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IMPOIRTANT UPDATE:

Even though we'd had "the update" applied to our HSE Lux TD6 which was supposed to fix the issue, whatever we felt post-update (if anything...placebo?) was long since and obviously a bust. Took it back in and it turns out there were all sorts of issues to fix. They replaced the throttle body, turbo, and addressed some other issues as well. Here's the write-up:
--
Test drove vehicle felt lack of power. Pulled codes P0299-77. Turbo charger underboost.
Performed diesel quality test. Ordered new turbo and throttle body. Cleaned carbon build up out of intake valve cover system and installed new throttle body. Installed new turbo. Discovered turbo was leaking coolant from coolant supply line. Removed turbo and repaired leak. Installed turbo again. While removing the DPF the lines for the differential pressure sensor broke, installed new sensor. Test drove vehicle. Acceleration felt great. Rescanned for codes no codes present.
--
Quite a saga and they had the vehicle for 2 weeks, but I have to say it now really does feel good. It's still obviously a 3 ton truck or whatever, but it now behaves as a vehicle should: you press the pedal and the vehicle moves forward at about the rate one would expect, including from a stop or slow roll.

This may just have been a 'me' issue, but if anyone else is still suffering from this I thought it worth mentioning.

Old 11-18-2019, 02:56 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the update applied on Friday.
So far so good but will not know for sure until I pull out into traffic a few more times and see if doesn't leave my hanging.

Old 11-28-2019, 03:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Having had a Mercedes e-class as a rental car on vacation in the UK which has a 9 speed auto and having managed to catch it out with a harsh take up on occasion I retract my comment on the Disco fix causing or revealing an occasional harsh take up. It seems to be normal.

Old 11-28-2019, 11:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Yeah, in certain ways, the more disconnected the operator input actually becomes from the vehicle, the more weirdness can occur. We are already disconnected from the throttle and the tranny. I can hardly wait for "virtual steering". Oh, we kinda have that too huh?

Lane Keep
Adaptive Cruise
Emergency Braking
Blind Spot
Clear Exit
Dynamic Stability
Traction Control
Brake Force Distribution
Terrain Response
Hill Climb
Hill Descent

What could possibly go wrong?

The following users liked this post:
2019D5 (12-03-2019)
Old 06-30-2020, 12:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the TD6 engine, and i have the same lagg issue, im picking it up today from the dealer and they said that its normal for "Diesel engines" and could not recreate my Issues,

anyone with a TD6 here that had the issue fixed has the PCM update somewhere?

BYW they gave me a DIscovery sport as a loaner, not my favorite to be honest.

Thanks in advance

Old 06-30-2020, 04:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by christianmotox
I have the TD6 engine, and i have the same lagg issue, im picking it up today from the dealer and they said that its normal for "Diesel engines" and could not recreate my Issues,

anyone with a TD6 here that had the issue fixed has the PCM update somewhere?

BYW they gave me a DIscovery sport as a loaner, not my favorite to be honest.

Thanks in advance
Some guys with the TD6 added PedalBox , which seem to get a lot of positive reviews on the TD6.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:39 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by andries
Some guys with the TD6 added PedalBox , which seem to get a lot of positive reviews on the TD6.
What is PedalBox and how does it help correct the issue? Just curious.

Quick Reply: Laggy Accelerator Fix?