Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loading Music Files to Car Memory

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 09:47 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loading Music Files to Car Memory

Sorry for the techie question, but just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. I am loading mp3 and flac files from a USB stick to the Car Memory (hard drive) and the audio for the files transfers fine. However the album art, which I have embedded in the meta data in the files is loaded to Car Memory on a sporadic basis. For some files it comes over fine and others it does not transfer. Instead it appears that the system uses a generic image or some other image downloaded on its own. Does anyone know how to transfer the music files with all images? Thanks.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:34 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by pendergastjm
Sorry for the techie question, but just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. I am loading mp3 and flac files from a USB stick to the Car Memory (hard drive) and the audio for the files transfers fine. However the album art, which I have embedded in the meta data in the files is loaded to Car Memory on a sporadic basis. For some files it comes over fine and others it does not transfer. Instead it appears that the system uses a generic image or some other image downloaded on its own. Does anyone know how to transfer the music files with all images? Thanks.
i don’t think what you want to do doing is possible. To the best of my understanding it isn’t using any of your album art meta data. It is using gracenotes to download the art based on song information. So any incorrect data about the song or missing data in the gracenotes database is causing your issue. I have the same problem. It is most prevent with recently released music.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:26 PM
Drifting

Thanks. The thing is, all my music files do not have missing data. I agree that Gracenote must be over riding my data, but not sure how since it seems to do it even when there is no internet connection to the car.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:47 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by pendergastjm
Thanks. The thing is, all my music files do not have missing data. I agree that Gracenote must be over riding my data, but not sure how since it seems to do it even when there is no internet connection to the car.
Gracenotes is generally preloaded database. Because the discovery is capable of internet connectivity I am not sure if it can update that or if that is a dealer update. In any event I have the same issue an I am sure it isn’t using my album metadata yet I have everything coded with album art. I have most of my issues with newer groups and songs but not only those so I suspect that the Gracenote databases is missing data we would expect it to have and not so much our data.