Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Help....transmitting ipod music through bluetooth to the car stereo

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 01:25 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help....transmitting ipod music through bluetooth to the car stereo

This seems like it would be logical being that my LR3 is equipped with bluetooth technology. It's not however, I've searched and searched and can't find anything to support and transmit. Every bluetooth transmitter I've come across has a different passcode then the 2121 for the LR3. Is it even possible to do what I'm trying to do......transmit ipod music through bluetooth via the car stereo?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Three Wheeling

i would say just get the fm transmiter thing from walmart and be done with it ... but that is just me
aiden

Old 08-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Drifting

Try it and keep it up
________
Live Sex

Last edited by jerseymike68; 08-13-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Drifting

Thank You!
________
DaemonBabes

Last edited by jerseymike68; 08-13-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:26 PM
3rd Gear
Default Can't be done

The Bluetooth standard has multiple "profiles" and the LR bluetooth only supports the hands free profile. I know of no built in car bluetooth that will support the stereo music profile, though I am sure there is some new high end car out there that does. By the by, I only think the new iPhone 3gs supports that profile.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Overlanding

Bluetooth is a "profile" based wireless protocol where devices must support the same profile on both ends to be able to communicate using that feature.

Headset is a mono two way connection supported by most bluetooth devices, including Phones and Car Stereos, most do not support the Stereo A2DP profile. Without this support on both ends you cannot transmit bluetooth music to the HU.

If your HU has bluetooth then it should also have USB, iPod or RCA inputs - I would connect the iPod to those wired inputs. If it supports the iPod through the ipod port on the bottom (the custom Apple connector, not the headphone jack) then you will get (should get) the added advantage of charging the iPod in the car.

The only way this port will not charge is if it is older than the iPhone - apple changed their charging from the Firewire power pins on the dock connector to the USB ones around the time of the original iPhone and since the firewire standard seemed to be easier and cheaper to manufacture a lot of companies used those wires for power in their iPod connections.

If you have more questions reply or PM me and I will be happy to help.