Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 12:38 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner questions

Hello there. My name is Christine and I am in Portland Oregon. I recently purchased a 2017 Land Rover discovery sport. While I do not know all the correct technical names for mechanical issues, I am a “car girl” with a long family history of mechanics and engineers. Trust me I speak more car language then just about anything else.

My ex-husband and I have owned race cars, a track and unique collector vehicles.

I have joined this forum because truth be told I purchased this vehicle from a BMW dealership used. I have contacted two separate Land Rover dealers with some questions, while they were all very nice to deal with, I found a working knowledge a little lacking.

I know this is a cosmetic issue but my question at hand is stereo related. My particular vehicle did not come equipped to support XM radio. The financial nerd part of me can’t stand it because I can’t listen to my talk radio. I know, sounds boring but I’m a geek.

I know that that model year could have been purchased XM ready from the factory which tells me that Land Rover has that equipment. Apparently you cannot purchase it retail, or so I have been told. I have contacted a couple well-known stereo places in the Portland area and Seattle. One tells me they can order the parts and install it. It will not change the appearance outwardly in the car, just the component behind the dash. The other says they have no idea where to get the parts but if I find them they will install them for me. They also warned that a lot of times you can purchase aftermarket equipment like this and it may or may not work. They can’t guarantee that it will work, that risk is left to me. I’m not going that direction.

If anybody has run into this before, please let me know.

Last edited by Pdxchristinerover; 12-21-2021 at 12:42 AM.