Parking Sensors Active While Trailer Connected - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Go Back  Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum > Land Rover > New Discovery V
Reload this Page >

Parking Sensors Active While Trailer Connected

New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5

Parking Sensors Active While Trailer Connected

Old 09-22-2018, 09:47 PM
Default Parking Sensors Active While Trailer Connected

The rear parking sensors go nuts when Iím backing up my trailer. Should the truck disable them automatically? My previous vehicle would go into a Ďtrailer modeí and disable them.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:30 PM

I've had this same problem with my trailer. I was thinking that maybe we need to use the Land Rover Trailer Assist Sticker in order to get that sensor to turn off automatically? But I haven't tried this yet.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:52 PM

When I had my hitch installed, the service center installed the tow assist software even though I don't have the pop-up rotatory dial. The first time I connected the trailer, it asked for all the measurements and tried to calibrate with the sticker I didn't have. LR hunted one down for me and even delivered it to my house (though it was a used one and pretty beat up). Once that was stuck on, I got a split-screen left and right trailer view (which sadly only works at low speeds), backup-path lines as well as automatic shutoff of the reverse sensors. The setup has been working well, ask the service center if they can install the software if you tow a trailer.

On a side note, if anybody knows a hack to keep the trailer camera view on while driving that would be great (there was a service-mode hack on older models to allow camera views to remain on at all times). The trailer camera view uses the cameras in the mirrors to look down the side of the trailer with a broader view than the mirror. Basically virtual tow mirrors.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:34 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. Today the truck disabled the sensors and noted a trailer was connected. Later in the day, it wasnít detecting the trailer. Iíll have to figure out whatís causing it.

Also, I donít have any of the advanced trailer assist options, just the factory tow option.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:28 PM

The first time I connected my trailer, it wasn't detected and I didn't think anything of it since I wasn't expecting the pop-up. After towing the trailer from where it was stored to my garage I found that the 7-Pin electrical wasn't fully seated. I found that when it feels like it's plugged in, I have to push a little harder and it will go further in. Subsequently, I've pushed it in harder and it's been detected every time and pops up the trailer connection window.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalWiley View Post
The first time I connected my trailer, it wasn't detected and I didn't think anything of it since I wasn't expecting the pop-up. After towing the trailer from where it was stored to my garage I found that the 7-Pin electrical wasn't fully seated. I found that when it feels like it's plugged in, I have to push a little harder and it will go further in. Subsequently, I've pushed it in harder and it's been detected every time and pops up the trailer connection window.
Interesting, I'll double check. I feel like it would have to be a connection issue given the intermittent nature of the problem.

Oddly, the parking sensors are sometimes disabled, even without the trailer connected. Not sure why!

Not to change the subject, but I sure do miss my diesel! the Si6 is far from a tow master