New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prices paid for 2017 / 2018 Discovery

Old 02-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I was offered a real good deal on a 2017 diesel. It did not have all the options I wanted though so going to hold on until I can get a 2018.
Not a great time to buy a 2018 though, very few around yet and they won't deal much on those, no LR incentives on those yet.
It is all about supply and demand. Deals can be had if you buy at the right time but they don't drop their pants in 10 seconds like the big companies.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:09 PM
Mudding

I live within reasonable distance of five dealers. I visited three. Ended up at Invoice plus $300 on a 2018 that I ordered in early February and picked up this month.
No trade in so no smoke and mirrors. I did negotiate a break on the extended warranty too but not as much as I would have liked. I think it will get used though, I have all the electronic toys and plan to keep it awhile.

It is not like buying a Ford or Toyota where you can click on "internet price" on a few dealer sites and launch a bidding war. Takes some more time and work but you can get some dealing if you are patient.

The first dealer was closest and silly, did not want to talk price until I decided that was the dealership I would use. Also an overall bad experience with the first two people I talked to there before they took me seriously and I got someone knowledgeable. I had setup an appointment in advance too. Goodbye!
Second one was the farthest away, had a 2017 on the lot with a very good discount. I had a meeting nearby so I checked it out. In the end I wanted a 2018. They did not have any yet and weren't as eager to deal on the new ones. I liked them but realistically would not be convenient to get there during traffic times.
Third dealer was middle distance, had some 2018's on the lot to look at. Close enough for service and willing to deal. Nothing in the system with my specs so ordered one and driving it now.

The place I went with was also the largest and I think gets all the allocations they want.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:02 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m about to pick a used 2018 with 146 miles but there over $8k discount. And I’m worried. The Saleman going to drive the car to me for 5 hours drive.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:05 AM
5th Gear

So today I decide not to get the used 2018 cause I don’t want to spend $76k. But there is the first edition for $64k with $7700 miles. The driver seat look used cause dealer use it as loaner. Please help me out decide what to do. Should offer the first edition a little lower

Old 05-09-2018, 11:06 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

$64k strikes me as a lot for a used first edition. I know they were expensive special edition but that rarely translates into used prices. You can get a great new one for $64 depending on specs. I'd say go and find a new 2017 on a dealers lot that they want to part with and deal a discount
Also - do you need all the specs and features on the first edition one? Else you are paying a lot for features you may not want

Old 05-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by BritCars
$64k strikes me as a lot for a used first edition. I know they were expensive special edition but that rarely translates into used prices. You can get a great new one for $64 depending on specs. I'd say go and find a new 2017 on a dealers lot that they want to part with and deal a discount
Also - do you need all the specs and features on the first edition one? Else you are paying a lot for features you may not want
^I agree with BritCars. Sounds like a lot for a used '17, esp. if you don't need it's options. If you do want it, don't be afraid to make them an offer you're comfortable with.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:04 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by BritCars

they want to sell it to me as new. It has not title to anyone before. They loan it to their customer. So $64k still to high for first edition with 7k miles on it. Dealer also offer extend warranty.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Mudding

If you want to get a good deal you need to decide what you really want. What model, options etc are important to you. Then find ones that meet those specs at a couple of different dealers.
It sounds like you are looking at two very different vehicles if one was a used 2018 for 76K (must have had a new sticker in the 80's, which would mean all the options, probably even the rear seat tvs or some expensive paint / dynamic options) and the other is a "new" 2017 for 64k.

So which one is the type you want?

Old 05-09-2018, 12:22 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Ned O'Neill
If you want to get a good deal you need to decide what you really want. What model, options etc are important to you. Then find ones that meet those specs at a couple of different dealers.
It sounds like you are looking at two very different vehicles if one was a used 2018 for 76K (must have had a new sticker in the 80's, which would mean all the options, probably even the rear seat tvs or some expensive paint / dynamic options) and the other is a "new" 2017 for 64k.

So which one is the type you want?
2018 used with 146miles MSRP $84k. Dealer offer me $75400. Out the door price around $80k. Love the car but no emergency breaking and radar cruise control. For first edition MSRP around $75k my drive out price $67k. I love 2018 but I don’t want to spend $80k

Old 05-09-2018, 05:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

$84k is crazy expensive. That must be loaded with everything. A 2018 HSE starts at $58k. You could option that up and get a lot for $65k. Prob a couple of thousand off msrp if you find a dealer with one on the lot that wants to sell it. Then it's brand new, specs you want, and a lot cheaper
If you want every option on the $84k car then that's a different story. I would suggest go to the builder, build what you want and can afford to pay for, take it to a couple of dealers and ask them what they have in stock that comes close

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Prices paid for 2017 / 2018 Discovery