Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Misaligned

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 09:18 AM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Steering Misaligned

When I took delivery of my 19 disco the steering was off center....(wheel pointed straight car went right) I brought it back to the dealer and they fully aligned the car.....car came back perfect! Now one week after taking it back from service the issue is back again and the wheel is not aligned ( wheel straight car goes slightly right) Also the weighting of the steering going right is slightly tighter then going left.....I swear this car feels different almost every day I drive it.....from suspension to steering it feels like it changes daily.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:03 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

That sucks. Seems like the alignment is out again. The dealer will probably have to realign it, and perhaps they didn't tighten the bolts properly after alignment.

Do you have an air suspension? If so check to make sure all 4 corners are at normal height when you select it. Perhaps cycle through access to offroad height a few times to make sure it functions properly, thinking out loud that one corner may not always stay or come up to proper height which can affect steering.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:00 PM
Drifting

thank you so much for your input I'm going to do that and see if it makes a difference otherwise it's going to have to go back to the dealer! Does anyone else feel like their d5 with the air suspension feels different depending on the day?

Originally Posted by andries
That sucks. Seems like the alignment is out again. The dealer will probably have to realign it, and perhaps they didn't tighten the bolts properly after alignment.

Do you have an air suspension? If so check to make sure all 4 corners are at normal height when you select it. Perhaps cycle through access to offroad height a few times to make sure it functions properly, thinking out loud that one corner may not always stay or come up to proper height which can affect steering.

Old 10-22-2019, 08:44 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Mine has been the same....Centered and aligned since new..(have air susp.). Haven't heard of this before...

Old 10-22-2019, 09:27 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by discov
thank you so much for your input I'm going to do that and see if it makes a difference otherwise it's going to have to go back to the dealer! Does anyone else feel like their d5 with the air suspension feels different depending on the day?
Not sure if it is me or the Disco, but some days mine feels a bit firmer than other days. Haven't noticed a difference in height, just feels a bit firmer.

Old 10-22-2019, 09:44 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Groucho123
Mine has been the same....Centered and aligned since new..(have air susp.). Haven't heard of this before...
What do you mean it's been the same?