Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Step by Step How to Reset the Service Interval

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 06:17 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FormerTouaregFan
Went through the steps and saw the messages “service reset” but the mileage still says 0. Maybe a different procedure in some cases based on what system software updates have been done?
you might need your firmware updated mine didn’t reset with the procedure they had to update the formware of the cluster to get it to work.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:30 AM
Drifting

Ok I did this multiple times and mine only resets to 6000 miles. Why?

Old 10-20-2020, 07:41 PM
Drifting

Just got the gapiid tool and voila 16000 miles. Why did I have to buy this tool to reset the oil?

Old 01-05-2021, 04:40 AM
Winching
Received 319 Likes on 196 Posts

A few months back Stealer did software update to fix oil reset(under warranty).......fast forward.......did and oil change, reset worked.....(reset to 8000)..... came up premature to change at 6000, me scared of oil dilution broke motor parts, etc.... I changed it again.
Low and behold, absolutely will not let me reset it........... out of warranty now...........going to call the stealer today and see if they are going to re-do the fix for free....... Stay tuned.......any thoughts or similar experience?

Old 01-11-2021, 10:39 AM
Winching

Ok, I went to the stealer. They told me I wasn't going to be able to reset it, since its the diesel. I have to bring it back to them, 100 miles one way. But its free. That makes it good right? No. I requested a call back from the stealer owner.

I also called JLR Customer Service. Lady said yes you can reset it here is the procedure for the diesel.
  • Turn off your engine.
  • Turn the ignition to “on” without igniting your engine (if you have push-button start, press your button once without touching the brake pedal.
  • Open the driver’s door.
  • Depress and hold the gas and brake pedals for 60 seconds.
  • Then turn the ignition to “off” and verify that the light has been reset.

https://www.landrovertampa.net/servi...20been%20reset.

I'm going to give it a try today. 1/11/2021

Old 01-29-2021, 11:06 AM
Winching

Sorry for the delayed update. The above did not work. My dealer said I have to bring it to them everytime, until JLR has a fix for the diesel versions.

So in the mean time, the CS rep called several people, and confirmed I would have to get it reset at a dealership.

( I am going to try a scan tool in the next few weeks when I meet up with a Rover buddy)

saga continues

Old 01-30-2021, 08:48 AM
Drifting

There’s a firmware update for the cluster that fixes it. Or just buy a gap iid tool. Cause you will use it later for other stuff anyways. Worth the money for sure.

Old 01-31-2021, 08:36 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by pitmansm
There’s a firmware update for the cluster that fixes it. Or just buy a gap iid tool. Cause you will use it later for other stuff anyways. Worth the money for sure.
If its a update for the cluster, why would two dealerships and customer service tell me it can't be fixed? Did your dealer fix it? Please give me the contact and the dealership info, and I will have your dealer call my dealer and JLR CS, and get it all fixed up.

I might buy the Gap tool later when it fully supports theTD6. I refuse to buy it now just to reset my oil changes.

thanks so much for doing this favor I ask!

Old 02-02-2021, 03:38 AM
Winching

pitmansm are you still on here?

Old 02-02-2021, 07:39 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by gmfain
pitmansm are you still on here?
yea sup

Quick Reply: Step by Step How to Reset the Service Interval