New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Step by Step How to Reset the Service Interval

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 07:43 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To answer your question. Maybe they didn’t actually plug in the tool and check for a firmware update. Or maybe there is some other issue causing it not to clear the ECU. I changed my oil. Sent screenshots and video of the procedure. They tried it themselves after I brought it in. They said maybe o was doing it wrong. Then after about an hour of them opening and closing doors they hooked up the machine. And went through their troubleshooting tree. And voila my cluster firmware did not match the latest and greatest. I’m under warranty so it was no cost. But if you are not the cost of them checking and fixing might be the same as buying an IID tool and resetting it yourself.

Originally Posted by gmfain
If its a update for the cluster, why would two dealerships and customer service tell me it can't be fixed? Did your dealer fix it? Please give me the contact and the dealership info, and I will have your dealer call my dealer and JLR CS, and get it all fixed up.

I might buy the Gap tool later when it fully supports theTD6. I refuse to buy it now just to reset my oil changes.

thanks so much for doing this favor I ask!

Old 02-02-2021, 07:48 AM
Drifting

what year is yours? Mines a 17 older school stick dials. And I’ve talked with gap and they are on track for this year to enable ccf and ecu stuff for td6 you can fiddle with suspension and stuff right now reset oil etc.. maintenance functions. Still worth the money you are just moving the money required to the right.

to further pull on the discrepancy between dealers. JLR is a franchise so it’s up to the owner to manage their company. And up to the service manager to decide on processes etc.. sounds like they are luring you in to get you to service it there. Unless there truly is no firmware update. Have you looked on topix website to see if there is a bulletin or firmware that is recent?

If its a update for the cluster, why would two dealerships and customer service tell me it can't be fixed? Did your dealer fix it? Please give me the contact and the dealership info, and I will have your dealer call my dealer and JLR CS, and get it all fixed up.

I might buy the Gap tool later when it fully supports theTD6. I refuse to buy it now just to reset my oil changes.

thanks so much for doing this favor I ask!

Old 02-02-2021, 01:06 PM
Winching
Received 318 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by pitmansm
what year is yours? Mines a 17 older school stick dials. And I’ve talked with gap and they are on track for this year to enable ccf and ecu stuff for td6 you can fiddle with suspension and stuff right now reset oil etc.. maintenance functions. Still worth the money you are just moving the money required to the right.

to further pull on the discrepancy between dealers. JLR is a franchise so it’s up to the owner to manage their company. And up to the service manager to decide on processes etc.. sounds like they are luring you in to get you to service it there. Unless there truly is no firmware update. Have you looked on topix website to see if there is a bulletin or firmware that is recent?
Mine is a 17, older school stick dials also. I'm going to have JLR CS call your dealer/service advisor. CS said they can contact any dealership. I think I'm being jerked around, and like you said "a cluster software update" needs to be done. You can PM the info if you like. thanks

Old 02-04-2021, 12:00 PM
Winching

I ask CS to check on the cluster update. Here Is what they said:

"...The code for it was N120 and it applied to certain VIN numbers for your vehicle model. Your vehicle VIN was not included in the service action for the update so it would not have affected your vehicle..."

Back to square 1.

Old 02-05-2021, 10:00 AM
Drifting

Nice... lol call JLR USA and ask why a customer can’t service their own vehicle. I bet it’ll get fixed quick.

The following users liked this post:
gmfain (02-06-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 09:13 AM
Winching

A big thanks to @ArmyRover for resetting the service indicator, while testing his new scanner. Seams to beat the pants off ID Tool. I have not, nor will not give up on JLR fixing there blunder.

ArmyRover (02-09-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,509 Likes on 1,236 Posts

No worries glad to help, that tool is pretty impressive so far

gmfain (02-10-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 02:43 PM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

A big thanks to @ArmyRover for resetting the service indicator, while testing his new scanner. Seams to beat the pants off ID Tool. I have not, nor will not give up on JLR fixing there blunder.
Have you any further luck with your dealer finding any more information on this topic? I took my D5 into the dealer this morning to see if they could reset the service indicator, and they took it back to the service department and said they reset it. When I got back into the vehicle, it still said service due. Waiting to hear back from the dealer. Will try one of those Launch X431 tools.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:41 PM
Mudding
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

What scanner is it? I’ve got the IIDTool because it was highly recommended. But it barely does anything for my ‘17 Td6. Anytime I ask if when a capability is going to be available, I get ‘no timeline.’

I've been riding around with service required because I refuse to pay $175 to have them reset the reminder.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:45 PM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BchBum11511
What scanner is it? I’ve got the IIDTool because it was highly recommended. But it barely does anything for my ‘17 Td6. Anytime I ask if when a capability is going to be available, I get ‘no timeline.’

I've been riding around with service required because I refuse to pay $175 to have them reset the reminder.
ArmyRover had the LAUNCH X431 Diagun V; I just ordered the LAUNCH X431 CRP909X and have an email out with them confirming if it will work the same as the Diagun V or not.

BchBum11511 (04-16-2021)

Quick Reply: Step by Step How to Reset the Service Interval