New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water in right rear passenger foot area - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 08:18 AM
Drifting
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pernison
Hi, I'm just sharing my experience because I've been through the same thing and I still don't know where the water is coming in, in my case the windshield washer fluid leak has been ruled out. I found myself in the same situation with water at the feet of the right rear passenger and after removing all the carpet, the water reached the feet of the front passenger and also the third row of seats. I disassembled the 7 seats and raised all the carpet to be able to dry it completely and the entire interior floor was left bare, I tried for hours with a water hose in all the ways that occurred to me, rain mode, pressure against the vehicle, to the roof , etc and at no time did I detect the entry of water, I ended up taking the car to the official service and after several days of tests and according to them a lot of hours, which of course I had to pay (I have a bill of €600), they tell me that They don't find any water inlet... Now I try to always leave the car covered because I don't trust that more water won't get in. I hope you have more luck than me and if you find where the water enters, let us know so we can check again. I use a translator to write, so excuse the mistakes. All the best .
this is really interesting.
I have second tow seats out, and carpet underneath. I plan to remove rear seat, i did try pouring water on roof and checking on the inside - nothing, not even a drop. I do see an area under 3d row seat I can reach with my hand, and the padding is little wet, but I can’t confirm it is getting more wet. It is kind of weird, and confirms what pernison wrote, but I hope I can figure it out.

let me say, I drove on sand to surf fish 2 weeks ago, and then washed car with a pressure washer - that might have done it. But again, this is about half a gallon of water we are talking about, the carpets have this sponge like padding and the carpet under 2r rear seats was dripping water… whatever it is, it was not just dripping.

also, now that have the rear of car to bare metal, it does not look like this water was there for a long time - I don’t see any rust, stains, or anything to show signs of longer presence of water…

More facts, I have been emailing first owner, he confirmed windshield was replaced along with carpets and some sound system related components. I can also see the rear doors seals seem new, I can just start pulling them out and there is no glue on the back of them, I thought the door seals are glued to the edge of the frame…

in any case, I am still really confused. Will take rear seat out and will drive it like this until I see water. And will pressure wash the heck of it

Old 04-18-2023, 09:45 AM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In my case, and for sure, the water has entered while the car was parked, with the peculiarity that it was on a slight slope and with the front facing upwards, but when I disassembled everything and sprayed with water for a long time, I made sure that the car was in the same position. In the same way, the water that was under the third row of seats was not too much and was just in the central area of the seats. One thing, I removed the trim that protects the battery and just to the right of it I found a tube that I did not discover where it came from (because I had to remove the battery and I did not dare) and another tube that entered the side of the sheet and in the one that the first one fitted, with great difficulty and among the pile of cables that are in that location I connected them, but in any case at no time did I see that not a drop of water entered from that tube.

Old 04-19-2023, 08:57 AM
Drifting
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco V
Was the liquid clear...or was it blue?
Is your washer fluid reservoir empty?
The supply line that runs from the washer fluid reservoir under the hood to supply the rear washer runs under the carpets along the passenger side of the vehicle.
This line has the potential to split / part allowing the entire fluid reservoir to empty into the cabin.
Don't ask me how I know this.
I could not sense the color of the water, but will definitely look at your suggestion. I needed to female torx to remove rear sit and I got the sockets today, going at it now.

Really, really curious what i will find out