New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Another New Member To the Land Rover Family

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another New Member To the Land Rover Family

Hey Hey Everyone -
Name is Trav (Travelor) AKA - Anthony . . .

On Friday - I was browsing the local craigslist and stumbled upon a 1994 Discovery V8i - Please excuse my lack of knowledge with the Rover Lingo..

The guy selling it listed it for 1200.00 and that it only had 95K on the odometer - I thought it couldn't be real - But I sent off an email - Saturday morning I met the guy and drove the old girl around - The guy purchased it for 2500.00 2 years earlier and she sat for the better part of 2 years -

I decided she was in good enough shape - minor gremlins with the locks and windows - great tires - strong engine and transmission -
Being a back yard mechanic I did give her a good look over and felt her simple enough to not have any problems working on her power core.

In any case, there is some issue with the oil light - which I guess is a known issue - I've ordered the part - I've verified the oil pump is working and that oil is churning as expected - If that's the only problem I don't mind the $15 investment -

I am reading reading reading - taking in all the information I can - Looking forward to getting my new 4x4 toy out into the desert for some easy dirt action -

Have a great day - thanks for the site and information here!!

In Peace and Agape,
Trav...