New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Any advice for a newbie buying a CPO LR4?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 09:55 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any advice for a newbie buying a CPO LR4?

Greetings, I am excited to finally be entering the world of Land Rover. I have been a Jeep Grand Cherokee owner for the past 23 years and I am finally ready to move on. I am looking forward to getting to know some of you in the coming weeks and months. I will be purchasing a 2013 certified pre-owned LR4 Lux tomorrow and could use some advice on the purchasing process. Is there anything to look out for at the dealer? I am hoping to work in some accessories into the deal (especially the towbar). Any other must have accessories? Many thanks in advance for any advice you can share. Cheers! Rob

Old 04-15-2016, 10:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 130 Likes on 119 Posts

unless you really really plan on towing the towbar is not a huge issue. What you want is the off road accessories if you're into that. I think the LR4 had tube sliders you could get instead of the side steps, so try for those. rubber floor mats are a must. These should not overly increase the price, just try to get them if they want to sweeten the deal or make you feel better about paying what they ask for. I'll list some:

>HD Package (if the one you're looking at has it fitted)
>rubber mat set (3 row)
>steel tube rock sliders (whatever they call them in-house)
>load space cover
>rubber mat for trunk space floor
>full roof rails fitted (for racks later)(not just the plastic bit that extends out)
>rear light guards
>front winch plate and winch (if you're into that)
>waterproof seat covers (there are better options available but honestly not bad)
>ask to trade the 19" wheels for 18" wheels (needs 1.25" spacers though) (18" gives you better tire selection)
>off road instead of street tires

no chrome accessories, just remove them, and definitely don't pay extra because it has them. Read the warranty over and over again. The CPO trucks should have brand new brake systems as part of that CPO program, may vary by dealer