New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Been a few decades between Rovers

Old 07-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Been a few decades between Rovers

Back in the late 80's I owned a Series II 88 that was not the most practical of daily drivers in the winter. Sure the hadling and traction were great but the sandwich size heainter core never made much of an impression, and getting parts in Alaska before the interwebs was kinda difficult so reluctantly I sold it to a cow-orker who griped every time it did something Land Rover but what a nimble little beast it was. Over the years I had been looking at Rovers but my job required me to have a car for work and a long commute and between the two I didn't think I woukd be able to feed a Rover, so I bought econoboxes and dreamed on.
Now I live 10 minutes from the office, I have a work vehicle annnnndddd then last month I mowed down a hoof rat and wrote off my BMW 525xi. The insurance paid off, I bought the car for salvage and sold it for a nice profit to the body shop guy and now I think I can do the Rover thing.....still looking and deciding which one I do want, and I'm buying used cuz I'm sorta cheap that way. I plan to carry dogs in the back, a Pyreenes and a couple of Jac Russels, sports equipment and lightr towing, we have a truck for heavy towing.
So I will have a wander through and check it out, it's all a long way from the old Series II these days!

Old 07-17-2018, 04:51 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Those dog breeds are so beautiful!

Enjoy