New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Disco Fever

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Disco Fever

Time to say a formal hello.. Just picked up second LR which is an '04 Disco HSE with 100k miles. Have an 06 RRS SC that my wife drives and loves it. The SC makes all the differrence. Needed a vehicle for Chicago winters since the rest are put up for the season.

I can and often do some of the work myself and have "basic" hands on. I have bookmarked the link to the RAVE manual and as with other forums always appreciate the experience and feedback from the forums.

Like others, I can't seem to leave a vehicle alone and have sufferred from Mod Fever like many others! In the few weeks waiting for the Disco to arrive too many potential changes are running through my head. I'm not an off road guy so I'm less the "lift and strengthen" type although some of the trucks herre are very impressive (you know who you are!)

The interior is a bit spartan so that is an area I'll work on, of course headliner sags, gaihers worn and nasty, 'suede' on all doors worn, drivers and rear doors clunk and clank from rust, trim is faded, etc. Bought a brush bar before getting the Disco from an '02 so we'll see if it does fit soon (if not check the classifieds) looking into lighting....

Hopefully I can be a helpful contributing member of the forum and since I'm not worried about ripping things apart perhaps my mistakes can help others avoid the same ones :-)

Old 11-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

welcome
good threads on headliner and fixing door fabric, on hear.
enjoy