New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Discovery or H3 HMMM

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 07:07 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Discovery or H3 HMMM

I looked at the freelander and it reminded me of a geo tracker look don't pity me I'm secure in my ride just like you are in your's but built ford tough is a bit shamfull in it's self ford sucks big time so lets go forward you enjoy your toy and i'll enjoy my truck!!

Old 11-03-2005, 07:13 PM
6th Gear

hey patrick no I live CT I just enjoy nice rides, the Land Rover I gave to my Wife and I drive the H3 I feel I started something that I did not want to I was just posting my feelings on my two rides. thats what I thought this was all about. I did not knock the Land Rover at all I just feel the H3 is just as capable thats all.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Pete,

1, my rover is not ford tuff, actually a buick ngine design, GM.
2, yes the H3 is the same chassis off the colorado, the differance is the body, do some research, or do you not want to feel the pitty of haveing spent money ano a mid size truck with a hummer body? Trust me on this one.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle

The H3, which is expected to go on sale as an '06 model, bears a strong family resemblance to the H2 and the original H1. Built on a version of the Chevrolet Colorado pickup chassis, the H3 will feature body-on-frame construction.
Quote from GM

The H3 will be built in Shreveport, La., on the same chassis as the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon mid-size pickup trucks.
Again, Quote from GM

The oddball, if sophisticated, General Motors five-cylinder engine just hasn't enough beans to produce interesting velocity changes in a 4,700-pound beef-mobile — 400 pounds heavier, and less powerful, than a Ford Explorer.

H3's engine is the same 3.5-liter inline five used in GM's Chevrolet Colorado compact pickup. Logical, because Colorado is the H3's platform. GM owns Hummer, so it can do that.
Qutoe from USA Today

You want me to keep going or what????
Get your facts straight before you try to school me on anything automotive!!!

Old 11-03-2005, 11:33 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your first post is to dog Land Rover on a LR forum I am surprised you were
not ban.[sm=closed.gif]

Old 11-04-2005, 06:14 PM
6th Gear

It is your mind that is closed or maybe you don't know how to read if you go back to my first post I did not dog or knock or say anything bad about the Land Rover if I did not like it I would not have got one or given it to my wife to drive. I think they are well built and offer a great ride and are very safe and secure, however what I did say is that I feel that the H3 is also a great truck and that I feel it offers the same off road functions that I found in the Land Rover and I also feel that it did some of those better! this was proven to me on a trip to vermont where my wife and I own property that is tough to get to without a full blown four wheel drive truck. the LR struggled on some of the trails on our 100 plus acre's when the H3 had no trouble at all. Bottom line I signed on to this FORUM to talk about my vehicles thinking that I would be talking to adults that are open to new things or fun things ie (great four wheel drives trucks) what I found in this FORUM was a few adults and I use that term losely that did nothing but bash my choice of vehicle without provocation you and your Land Rover lovers need to get a life if you think that I should be banned for posting my opion on your pathetic LR Forum then lets take care of that right now.

get your mouth off the tail pipe of your Land Rover's and go **** your self's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2005, 05:05 AM
Recovery Vehicle

ORIGINAL: Petes 03 Discovery

It is your mind that is closed or maybe you don't know how to read if you go back to my first post I did not dog or knock or say anything bad about the Land Rover if I did not like it I would not have got one or given it to my wife to drive. I think they are well built and offer a great ride and are very safe and secure, however what I did say is that I feel that the H3 is also a great truck and that I feel it offers the same off road functions that I found in the Land Rover and I also feel that it did some of those better! this was proven to me on a trip to vermont where my wife and I own property that is tough to get to without a full blown four wheel drive truck. the LR struggled on some of the trails on our 100 plus acre's when the H3 had no trouble at all. Bottom line I signed on to this FORUM to talk about my vehicles thinking that I would be talking to adults that are open to new things or fun things ie (great four wheel drives trucks) what I found in this FORUM was a few adults and I use that term losely that did nothing but bash my choice of vehicle without provocation you and your Land Rover lovers need to get a life if you think that I should be banned for posting my opion on your pathetic LR Forum then lets take care of that right now.

get your mouth off the tail pipe of your Land Rover's and go **** your self's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey man, never got on you about the Lr's being the worlds best 4x4, What I did get on you about was you argued w/ me about things you didn't even know about, which also makes me wonder the fact that you bought an H3 and don't know **** about it. Which means you had or have a LR and did not know **** about it as well, thats why you had a bad experiance with LR. My advice to you is not to come on a LR forum and talk the down and talk up you H3. Is there not any godd hummer offroad forums out there for you, or do the offroad hummer forums not welcome H3's as off road? So, I say to you get your mouth off the tail pipe or what ever pipe it may be on and move on.
TOPIC CLOSED!!!!

Old 11-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

1 quick comment...

Pete was right, you guys did get insecure and childish. all three Hummers are very capable vehicles (the chrome grill on the H2 & H3 is *** ugly in my oppinion, thats really my only beef with them).

Shame on you. Topic re-closed.

oh, and the H3 is on the Colorado chassis. I dont get why thats a bad thing.

I SAY GOOD DAY!!