New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Finally did it....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:36 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally did it....

So to address my Mid-life crisis, after much contemplation, I finally purchased the vehicle I always wanted, a Land Rover. And I am sure this is just the beginning of many.

My first is a 2003 Discovery, black with black leather, and only 52,500 miles. First day after I purchased I started hearing a god awful whining noise whenever I accelerated. Turned off the A/C and it went away immediately. Yep... A/C Compressor replaced (replaced serpentine belt also).

Who cares? Its all good and I love it!

Feel free to throw this way any info and recommendations you feel I need... Thanks!

Old 07-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Welcome. Check out our tech section for high miles service list, type of oil to run, and in particular the rebuild of the front prop shaft to prevent untimely death of the transmission when stock shaft splits. And don't trust the temp guge, check out an Ultra Gauge to get digital temp info.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:51 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you!
In process of 60,000 mile service and replacing the propshaft. Ordered it from Tom Woods.
Headliner is falling so getting that fixed. While fixing that I am replacing the navigation antenna with a Sirius antenna. I have a lifetime membership with my Sirius Starmate plug and play unit that I can transfer up to three times but only to another plug and play. If I go the route of replacing the Becker Nav Head unit with a new head unit that has Sirius, I can only transfer the lifetime membership once to that unit and then never transfer again. With that said sticking with the plug and play.
Any recommendations on keeping the Becker radio, being able to use cd changer, and hardwiring the Sirius car kit aux and power?
I have read through all the posts and have yet to see someone successfully do all this with the Becker Nav and the cd changer.
If you feel I should post this question elsewhere let me know.
Thanks again!

Last edited by dstrid; 09-06-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling error