New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Future discovery 2 owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Tick
Dayyyumm you're making me jealous no ticks, no leaks, no squeaks, no bumps,? It does sound perfect! How does it shift?
​​​​​​Like it was brand new. So smooth.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:05 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FRONTRANK
​​​​​​Like it was brand new. So smooth.
From what you're telling me if you get this and you maintain it religiously this will be the most fun (can't say car) but SUV, truck, you'll ever own. Oh! And make sure the front prop shaft has already been done or it has grease points

Old 01-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Mr. Tick
From what you're telling me if you get this and you maintain it religiously this will be the most fun (can't say car) but SUV, truck, you'll ever own. Oh! And make sure the front prop shaft has already been done or it has grease points
What do you think about the asking price? And I may be being picky about the color.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by FRONTRANK
What do you think about the asking price? And I may be being picky about the color.
is it a dealer or private seller? I personally would try and start it out lower, offer $10K cash u never know! And if you can come up with $10,000 in $100 bills take a pic and send it to him might make his wallet horny.

( because if someone wrote him a check or used a card it would have to go through the bank and since it's over $10,000 it would get reported to the IRS so an incentive for him to lower it would be CA$H!)

And I know how you feel obout the color, mine is navy blue which I dislike, & think is the color that least matches black and matching black is important, but silver you never have to worry about it scratching!

Old 01-04-2018, 07:01 PM
TReK
Received 480 Likes on 403 Posts

Bumpers and winch are nice, and the whole thing looks good.
But, that price is really, really high.
The low miles seem good, but in 20k-30k miles, be prepared to do head gaskets, power steering pump, fix oil leaks, and any other common Disco problems.
I'm not saying it will happen...I'm just saying, it will happen, lol.
When I finish my 04 black on black, with an engine I'm about to rebuild, then bumpers, winch, 2" lift, steel wheels and AT tires, I'll be all in at under $11k.
In hindsight, I could've done it for less. But, everything will be right. It just turned 122k miles too.
I would keep looking.

I paid $3k for mine, 04 with a great running engine that ticked, and lots of leaks. But, clean in and out, clean title and carfax. Drives straight, freezing cold ac.
20" RR wheels, new brakes, drilled and slotted rotors and several other new parts.

Last edited by Sixpack577; 01-04-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Sixpack577
Bumpers and winch are nice, and the whole thing looks good.
But, that price is really, really high.
The low miles seem good, but in 20k-30k miles, be prepared to do head gaskets, power steering pump, fix oil leaks, and any other common Disco problems.
I'm not saying it will happen...I'm just saying, it will happen, lol.
Pretty much all this and then I will add: I didn't see the level trim it is? Is it an S, SE, or HSE?! This can make for huge differences in price. I wouldn't pay 14k for this vehicle in HSE EVEN with the low mileage. If it is an HSE in such great shape, maybe you could pay 10k but that's pretty high still. The steel bumpers, low mileage, and winch don't justify asking this much. In all honesty, if it's an S trim I'd say it's worth 5k, SE 6-7k and HSE 7-8k.My last comment will be about the color: the silver is badass. Trust me, I wanted black on black at first too, but the Zambezi silver is a truly great look on the DII especially if you add some of the black paint restorer to all of the side trims. With a cleanup the black trim can really pop and the contrast is killer. I love it on mine and wouldn't trade it for a black DII any day. Moreover, you'll be hard pushed to find a black on black DII 04, most have lighter interiors and id personally rather have black leather on an older car than black paint. (Hides the age better too). Keep us posted!

Old 01-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Overlanding

Hey all! Just stopping by to give you all an update. I took your advice. I offered the seller a lower amount but, he did not bite so I passed on the purchase. You guys are right. The asking price was waaaaaay too high. So at the moment I'm still on the hunt. After reading your responses I've decided to go for a black or silver exterior with a black interior. And I found this D2 handbook on Amazon (I'll attach the link if any of you are interested.) I hope you all are riding safely in your D2s this winter and are taking care of yourselves. I'll chat with you guys soon.

Take Care,

-FR

Amazon Amazon