New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

got the land rover fever

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 09:10 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got the land rover fever

Hey guys, Last month I picked up a new ride. 02 Discovery SE I havnt driven it yet but I cant wait! I bought it with a blown head gasket real cheap. A family member of mine owns a shop and was able to treat me right on the machining and repair costs. When the heads were off I was amazed that there was litterally no wear on the cylinder walls. I will say its more leathery and fancy then what i wanted, I was looking for more rugged not care about scratches and crap and i might feel bad hurting this one lol. I plan on doing some moderate mods. such as a 2" lift, some agressive tires on the stock wheels, Diff lock lever, a more agressive pitch fan to aid in cooling and since I own a powdercoating business Im gonna coat the rims in a mirror black with a very strong high gloss crystal clear coat. And the calipers will be a metalic red with copper metalic for a slight redish orange color with the same clear. Im also going to be fabricating two off road front bumbers (one for me and one for the UPS guy who has a 02 as well) and possibly fab up a rear bumper, rocker guards and skid plate for the under carriage.

I cant wait to keep moving ahead with this project, and this forum with its weath of knowlege will be invaluable and THANK YOU for everyone who contrubuted to it in the past to help others out.

Michael

Name:  landrover.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  38.6 KB

Old 11-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Looking good, be sure to download the RAVE set of shop, owners, overhaul, electrical, etc. manuals - free link below. Also look at tech section in our D1 part of the forum, write up on rebuilding front propshaft. D2 units, if not equipped with zerk fittings and greased on a regular basis, have nasty habit of starting the "chirp" just before they fly apart and poke big hole in transmission.