New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hello everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2022, 02:26 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hello everyone!

First, I would like to say that I should have joined LR forums 10 years ago! Since my wife purchased my first used HSE 7 with 117k miles on it as a gift for my play toy, in Dark Purple Blue with light beige interior. My experience with my Landy is extremely vast! I started by installing a new steering dampener, replacing all the steering linkage, replaced the steering box twice with a wheel alignment (2x), replaced front upper and lower ball joint units, front and rear brake pads, front hub assembly on the left, killing the three amigos in the process, now waiting on the right front, yellow Bilstein front & rear shocks, replaced the air shocks twice, now going back to the original units, that were in excellent condition, just replaced left and right SLS levelers. Yet to be replaced is the front & rear suspension bushings, waiting in their original box. I even replaced the transmission and transfer case with rebuilt units including a new front driveshaft, fabricating a 3mm aluminum plate between the tranny and front driveshaft, replacing the rear drive shaft rubber coupling. Looking forward to replacing the oil pump unit at 200k, presently at 197,500, adding to that a new radiator unit with two electric fans, all of the coolant hoses and water pump unit (2x), with a (new aluminum coolant tank) and an (aluminum T-fitting) and (aluminum thermostat to water pump unit), with the thermostat replaced (3x) in HOT Arizona! Battery replaced (4x) because the HEAT in Arizona, front engine seal, oil pan gasket, oil filter housing up-grade in mounting bolts, rear main seal and cross seals. Even the valve cover gaskets and the serpentine belt twice, air pump once, coil pack with 8.5 mm wires, and hard to find Bosch platinum spark plugs, intake hose and air filter box, new alternator diode, throttle body heater plate (5x)! Moving on to the wheels, I added a set of steel rims in size 7x16 mounted with Bridgestone Bllizak tires to keep the tires thin for any snow I would be driving through? Lastly, I added a Curt Captivator trailer brake unit to cover braking efficiency for the auto toy hauler I use my Landy to pull. I went one step further and purchased the i-Land V2.0 Diagnostic tool, which helped me to set up my two new replacement ignition keys, and well worth the money. Yet, it doesn't allow for calibration of the SLS levelers and suspension calibration of Discovery 2's! So, I have let everyone know, that I am bringing precious experience to the table. I am a retired Aviation Mechanic, and have been rebuilding and restoring cars since 58 years now! Every time I work on my Landy, it is truly an enjoyable experience, that I never take for granted. These vehicles are so easy to work on and they telegraph exactly what's about to go wrong, give out, breakdown, etc., before it happens. I have use this marvelous vehicle to tow my auto toy hauler from Michigan to Arizona, making four back to back trips with absolutely with no problems at all! I look forward to being an asset the the LR forum, and I hope that someone can help in my hour of need?

Regards
M. Harris

Last edited by Michealangelo Haris; 11-02-2022 at 02:31 PM. Reason: missing word
Old 11-02-2022, 02:33 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, I would like to say that I should have joined LR forums 10 years ago! Since my wife purchased my first used HSE 7 with 117k miles on it as a gift for my play toy, in Dark Purple Blue with light beige interior. My experience with my Landy is extremely vast! I started by installing a new steering dampener, replacing all the steering linkage, replaced the steering box twice with a wheel alignment (2x), replaced front upper and lower ball joint units, front and rear brake pads, front hub assembly on the left, killing the three amigos in the process, now waiting on the right front, yellow Bilstein front & rear shocks, replaced the air shocks twice, now going back to the original units, that were in excellent condition, just replaced left and right SLS levelers. Yet to be replaced is the front & rear suspension bushings, waiting in their original box. I even replaced the transmission and transfer case with rebuilt units including a new front driveshaft, fabricating a 3mm aluminum plate between the tranny and front driveshaft, replacing the rear drive shaft rubber coupling. Looking forward to replacing the oil pump unit at 200k, presently at 197,500, adding to that a new radiator unit with two electric fans, all of the coolant hoses and water pump unit (2x), with a (new aluminum coolant tank) and an (aluminum T-fitting) and (aluminum thermostat to water pump unit), with the thermostat replaced (3x) in HOT Arizona! Battery replaced (4x) because the HEAT in Arizona, front engine seal, oil pan gasket, oil filter housing up-grade in mounting bolts, rear main seal and cross seals. Even the valve cover gaskets and the serpentine belt twice, air pump once, coil pack with 8.5 mm wires, and hard to find Bosch platinum spark plugs, intake hose and air filter box, new alternator diode, throttle body heater plate (5x)! Moving on to the wheels, I added a set of steel rims in size 7x16 mounted with Bridgestone Bllizak tires to keep the tires thin for any snow I would be driving through? Lastly, I added a Curt Captivator trailer brake unit to cover braking efficiency for the auto toy hauler I use my Landy to pull. I went one step further and purchased the i-Land V2.0 Diagnostic tool, which helped me to set up my two new replacement ignition keys, and well worth the money. Yet, it doesn't allow for calibration of the SLS levelers and suspension calibration of Discovery 2's! So, I have let everyone know, that I am bringing precious experience to the table. I am a retired Aviation Mechanic, and have been rebuilding and restoring cars since 58 years now! Every time I work on my Landy, it is truly an enjoyable experience, that I never take for granted. These vehicles are so easy to work on and they telegraph exactly what's about to go wrong, give out, breakdown, etc., before it happens. I have use this marvelous vehicle to tow my auto toy hauler from Michigan to Arizona, making four back to back trips with absolutely with no problems at all! I look forward to being an asset the the LR forum, and I hope that someone can help in my hour of need?

Regards
M. Harris

Old 11-03-2022, 09:19 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome abaord

Last edited by joelle king; 11-05-2022 at 07:28 AM.