New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hello to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello to the forum

Hi,

I don't own a Land Rove yet, but am in the process of acquiring one. I am looking for a daily driver to replace my 95 M3, which is looking for a good home.
This all came about when my wife and I decided to go and visit her family one day and it dawned on us that we did not own a vehicle made in this century or have less than 100K on the clock. There is one exception to this statement. That is my truck which is both a 2005 and only 35K on it, but we bought that for towing and plan to leave it parked as much as possible. Then after a brief discussion with an accountant, we narrowed the search down to vehicles with GVW over 6000 lbs. which left us looking at another pickup or a huge SUV. Then viola, it was pointed out to me that a Land Rover was rated over 6K and not some huge behemoth. So, here I am looking for one. Always liked them, but assumed that the price was out of sight. With the gas crunch it appears that not only are they affordable but way cool and actually purpose built to be practical and useful without adding too much in the way of whistles and bells. Add to that the fact that the one's we are looking at were made under the ownership of BMW and what's not to like. Yes, we love our bimmers. My wife's 325 is a 91 with 230K miles and I can't get her out of it.
So, now all I have to do is find a nice example in white if possible. My wife loved the pictures on the forum of the zebra stripes.
Thanks for providing a place where one can chat and learn about rovers.

Thanks,
Wayne

PS of you are curious about the screen name, check out www.rofracing.com and you will see where it came from.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:30 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hello to the forum

hello all...

looking forward to reading and learning about my rover..
i have recently purchased an 04' discovery se....
will post pics soon...

Old 10-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Overlanding
Default Update

Hello,

Well the decision process is over. Today I purchased the 2001 Disco II with 76K on the clock. Had fun at DMW getting the title and tags straightened out. Typical government slowness. Two and 1/2 hours to pick up new title and get stickers for my tags.
Now the fun begins. I am going to pick it up this evening and will then start the list of checks and upgrades that have been recommended here on the forum.
Thanks to all that responded and I am sure that I will have more questions later.

Thanks,
Wayne