New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Help please my lr3 is in the shop for 4 months electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help please my lr3 is in the shop for 4 months electrical problems

Hi,

I need help from all you experts. My 2005 lr3 has been in the shop for 4 months now and it seems our local land rover dealer can't seem to diagnose the problem right. It all started when the drainage of the sunroof got clogged and caused water damage to the electrical. Suddenly everything started lighting up like a christmas tree then it went to limp mode. It happened intermittently for a few days then it went permanently bad. I sent it too a shop that did rovers who fixed the drainage issue. They also checked the electircal and cleaned the modules but nothing happened. I decided ti bring it to the land rover dealer to fix. Took 2 months to diagnose and fix, to cut the story short it was the brake light switch which was changed.

For 2 days no faults came out but when they test drove it again the truck didn't want to shift to third and fourth gear but no fault appeared. Then after a day while being tested the transmission fault appeared. Computer was pointing to the transmission. They change the oil but still the same. So they advised me it's the mecatronics that needed to be changed. I told them it was shifting fine before i brought it to the shop. So far, through the course of this repair I had bought a new fusebox ecu, a compressor ecu which was not broken to start with, (I was advised that these parts was broken but when they change it apparently it did not fix the problem. Now I bought a new mecatronic ecu which they now claim they can't program cuz the computer won't accept. I have spent a lot already but no solution. Can anyone tell me why the new part can't be programmed by the t4 computer they have? Maybe its still an electrical issue that they stubbornly insist they checked already. Help please"...