LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 months new LR3 and 2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:18 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 months new LR3 and 2 problems

I'm trying not to get discouraged because we just leased a vehicle that I have been wanting forever (2007 LR3 HSE)!! The vehicle currently has 1,500 miles and is under 2 months old. At 1,000 miles the car leaked transmission fluid all over my neighborhood. The problem was fixed and hopefully it won't happen again.
Today, I was changing the seat position and the lumbar position on the driver's seat. When I realized the lumbar was too strong, I went to release it and it didn't move. Then, the seat would not change positions either...won't move forward or backwards. My left and right outdoor mirrors won't move and my cooler box won't turn on. Help! Does anyone know what the problem might be? Should I be soo discourage this soon? I'm trying not to be as I really do love the car, but 2 issues in under 2 months is nothing I've experienced before with vehicles that I've had for 4+ years. Thanks!

Old 08-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: 2 months new LR3 and 2 problems

a burned fuse?

Old 08-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds quite possible that a bad fuse could be the culprit. At any rate, the thing is new, take it to the shop. I hope you did not end up with one of those rovers that seem to be plaged with gremlins. I have had some minor problems with mine but were all taken care of right at first and it's been a joy to own so far. Nothing ever big has broken down, just the agravating small stuff. But the shop has always been fast, accurate and provided me with top class service. My only running complaint is that Xerious satelite SUCKS!!!! At least it does here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:55 AM
2nd Gear

Well, I took the car in yesterday thinking it would be a quick fix..hopefully a burned fuse. Turns out it's not the fuse and I had to leave in a Loaner car because they weren't able to fix the problem in 3 hours. I also asked them to look into the loud ticking that the car has been making. It has ticked since we bought it but it seems that the ticking is getting louder. They weren't even able to address that problem because they still can't figure out why my mirrors and drivers chair won't adjust. This is very frustrating and I hope we didn't buy a LR3 Lemon.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear that! I do hope they get you back on the road soon and you can enjoy that LR3

Old 08-30-2007, 10:14 AM
2nd Gear

I recently purchased a 2007 LR3 SE V8 and have the same problem with the clicking noise. It can be heard both with the engine running and after its heated up can be heard when the car is off. I asked the dealer and what they said was that for the trip across the ocean they seal the muffler with a wax coating and eventually that should go away. They said by 1500 miles but obviously that doesn't hold true for you if it the same noise as mine.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Overlanding

I think all LR3s have minor issues from the start, and on mine the dealer told me they had to rip off the headliner to fix a problem with the locks, then they put on the driver's side grab handle backwards, then the fuel tank recall.Mine started leaking gas in the garage. Then the hood latch wouldn't completely close the hood, the dealer stole the plastic panel covering the place where some LR3s have rear (3rd row) audio controls, and the liner on the back of one of the 2nd row seats came off.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Mudding

Tellthe dealer Technicanto lookunder that seat, I've seen several new LR3's with wires get crushed under the rear of the drivers seat tracks. (console side) the harness routing is just too close, and it can be repaired.
[ol][*]The mirrors dont work because they also work into this crcuit if its equiped with seat memmory[/ol]
If thats not it they need to inspect the grounds for this circuit, alot of new Rovers have had loose ground issues

Is your ticking from the cam cover area ? the Jag V8 has mechanical lifters and they do tick, most after they are warmed up.compare it with another car but get it hot before anybody jumps to any conclusions, this might just be normal ?