New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

hey all.. new guy here looking to buy in the fall !

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 01:09 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey all.. new guy here looking to buy in the fall !

whats up guys??

I just wanted to sign up here and soak in some knowledge on the land rovers before I buy a discovery in the fall. I want a I series since im still in college and can't afford a newer II series yet . Right now I have a 1994 mazda RX7 twin turbo and a nissan maxima that is on it's way out, so as you can tell I need a winter car! I hope to post here often and hope you guys on this forum are all cool and have tons of good info!

If anyone is in the hamilton NJ area and is willing to let me take a look at their land/range rover I'd greatly appreciate it as well!

later for now,

Joe

Old 07-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Drifting
Default RE: hey all.. new guy here looking to buy in the fall !

Where in Hamilton are you? I'm in Clifton but am from the Hamilton area. I also get down to visit family and friends fairly frequently. You're more than welcome to look over Bea--my 04 Disco.

The Rickster

Old 07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
6th Gear

right over by the trenton area almost.. by nottingham highschool actually. That would be sweet, I've been wanting a land rover (well actually a range rover) for a while and i've finally decided that I get enough income to support it and need a nice winter and summer car in addition to my RX7

Old 07-14-2005, 05:10 PM
6th Gear

can anyone explain the differences between the 98 range rover and the 98 discovery ? Is one better to get over the other? I noticed the discovery is a little bigger and has that cool sunroof thing in the rear compared to the range rover which doesn't. Any info would be cool!

Old 07-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Drifting

I know the area. Actually dated a girl who went to Nottingham when I was in high school. I graduated from Hamilton West.

Shoot me an email at GadgetRick at gmail(dot)com. You know how to make that an email address. I'll let you know the next time I'm headed down that way. You can check out Bea (my Disco).

As far as differences between Range Rovers and Discos, well, there are a lot. You mentioned some of them but there are a lot more. Basically, the Range Rover is a higher-end vehicle (luxury-wise) than the Disco. They're way more expensive and all that. Both are great trucks though.

The Rickster