New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hi Lakeland Florida Member.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 09:20 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Lakeland Florida Member.

So glad I found this site I just bought a long desired Lady. She does not show her age at all. Don't understand it either.. 2000 Discovery 2 4.0 V8, Blk. I popped the hood and could not remember the last time I saw such a clean Engine compartment.. So I said Darn I can't give this a Mud bath. I feel it has never had one.. The engine runs so smooth I could balance a Nickel on edge in the compartment.. It is original paint no Rust to be found. so today I put it on a Slab and crawled under it.. I looks like a black coating on the entire under carriage with no damage or rust . Sure the drive shaft ,axles and Brakes had a little Surface rust.. Did find a switch or sensor unhooked on the transfer case. don't have any Idea why... Crawled out and looked at the Seats. Vinyl I guess with no rips split seams or other damage. All lights work. I am dumbfounded. only one BIG PROBLEM. the back gate will not open from it outside.. Had to crawl through the back and open it from the inside.. The pass thru linkage must have come off.. Oh forgot this other problem the Front and rear bumper has the plastic cover busted badly.. old and cooked.. brittle. so if anyone has removed thiers and built bumpers I would like to buy the covers Unless you know someone that makes them..?
I want to ride Trails and the beach to enjoy the Ride . I am 69 and don't need to be beating up my self on rocks and unrealistic. Hills... I know you think all I need is a 4x4 Car... NOT ! Oh did I mention She has 180000+ miles and I feel she should be bronken in...The Heads are Aluminum does that mean the block is as well, with steel liners ??? Oh I forgot I have oil leaks some where starting in the front of the engine.. Will keep a close eye on the Oil level.. what can I say. I have a lot of off roading I can do when it dries up a bit.. Love the grease fittings in the drive Shaft... I'll get it done when I change the oil next week to Pennzoil High mileage.. 20-40 I have always been my own Mechanic ever since 1964 when I had one look at a miss. I had. He had removed the air cleaner and was spraying a carb cleaner in the Rear barrels on a Quadrajet Carb While holding them wide open .. Had to scream at him I Swear the 421 Pontiac was turning 7000 Rpm no load. I swore to never let anyone else touch it.. Or anything else I had... But anyway I am so glad I found you and was able to get my Service Manual... Happy.. Thanks so much..