New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Houston Rover. . . 1999 Discovery. Ready to be active!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 05:03 AM
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Houston Rover. . . 1999 Discovery. Ready to be active!

Howdy guys!

My name is Brian. I have always had a raging boner for Rovers and just recently got T-Boned by a absent minded driver in my old vehicle. It was a pain in the neck (almost literally) but it allowed me to purchase the vehicle I have wanted for a while.

Yesterday I picked up a 1999 Land Rover Discovery Series II.

Here are the specific stats:

All maintainance done at the Rover Shoppe
Obviously babied (perfect interior, solid suspension, no under-body off-road wear)
102,000 Miles . . . now that is a little high, but its just PERFECT in every other way!
Champagne color (probably not the correct color designation, fill me in)

I also have another toy which I am pretty active in the local forum community that supports it, a 2005 GSX-R 600 20th Anniversary.

I would love to get really into this great community that I regretfully admit that I have lurked around for a little bit more than a minute. I know these vehicles demand as much from us as we optionally can from them, I think thats awesome!

Im 23 years old and attend the University of Houston, studying world History. Im a beer drinkin, good timin kinda guy so if your by me say hi! I would love to drink a beer with some other local owners. I live around the Texas Medical Center. . . so if your near hear message me up.

Looking forward to meeting you all. . . Ill try to post some rig pix in the next few days (Hold me too that).

The big unit,

Brian