New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Just Found This Site

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 06:15 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Found This Site

Hi everybody,
My name is Les Dalton and I live in the beautiful region of the Charente in France.
I was one of the British Army rally ream members during the 70s/80s during which time I competed in 22 International rallies,most of these were in Landrovers,using several models.
The Allen Allard turbocharged air portable I used in the late 70s was phenominal,and was given the call sign of "Mean Machine" by my service crew,I dont know if any of you have driven a basic!!! landrover through a forest stage at over 90mph,but I can tell you it certainly is exciting.I was army champion 4times and Nato champion twice.
There is a photograph of me jumping about 3 feet in the air on a special stage of the Cheltenham Festival rally,you can find this in Allens book on Turbocharging and Supercharging,page 151.
I have some superb action shots from several of the international rallies I did,however,I am not sure how you post pics on this site.
Regards Les.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Just Found This Site

damn. and i thought hitting 50 on a sandy road in the middle of the Mojave Desert was fun. ill put that 90 through the forest one on my to-do list.

anywho, you are very welcom to the forums. to post pics you go to the Photo Gallery and make your own album. we'd love to see 'em.

Old 08-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just Found This Site

welcome to the site. sounds like you will be able to help some of us proformance freaks out here and we may be able to help with some of the strange stuff that the landy can come up with. The screen name is duboff and the real one is rikk. west virginia, usa. welcome again. gotta love a rover. duboff