New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Late in joining

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 02:26 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Late in joining

Hello All,

I delayed joining when the 03 Disco SE I purchased in Aug 07 was put out of commission 2 weeks later by a 18 year old in a s$%t box nissan pulling in front of me. What a tank! After spinning his car 180 degrees I headed off road for the first time, knocking over an aluminum lamp post (pulled it right out, cement and all), tore through 6' high 8' deep brush and stopped 1' short of massive pines. Only good thing is that I was able to cut the Disco hard enough to the right to miss the drivers compartment and catch his rear quarter. The kid is lucky he is alive.

Wipe your eyes of the tears, because its been repaired with 100% OEM and seems to be fine. Getting a lot of pressure from friends with Discos (great friends, all good) to get off road, but want to modify first; lift (OME), tires (265/75-16), etc. as these guys are rigged right and extreme. Any suggestion on thewhat to addand priorities?

Anyway, great to be a member. I've learned a great deal already just reading the threads on specific topics of interest.

Let you know how the upgrades go in the near term.

Forty-eight years young and aspiring to more of a work/LIFE balance.

Dan