New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Long journey, but finally joining the LR family

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 12:12 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long journey, but finally joining the LR family

After much deliberation, I finally pulled the trigger on a new LR4. I started looking about 8 months ago. Started with the LR4, then the sport, then the sport S/C, then the NEW sport, and then finally realized that the LR4 is the one that really fits my needs (should have gone with my gut from the get-go).

Anyway, I am picking up my new Causeway Grey LUX with the ivory interior, 20" wheels, extended leather, and a few more goodies on Thursday.

I'm trading in my 2010 Q5 which has been nothing but problems. I was a bit hesitant to get a LR given the issues I have had with Audi, but after a lot of research it seems like the LR4 is a pretty reliable vehicle.

I look forward to meeting some of you and hopefully contributing to the forum. Thanks for the wealth of information you have hear, it was very helpful in the buying process.

Cheers,
Ryan

Old 04-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome. Lots of things put the "owww" in Audi, and Rover dealers are not shy about prices for their work. So out of the frying pan and into the fire......

Old 04-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum Ryan.

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Welcome. Lots of things put the "owww" in Audi, and Rover dealers are not shy about prices for their work. So out of the frying pan and into the fire......
Funny, I can relate to this. I sold my A6 Quattro for LR.. the difference being, I can actually do my own work on this truck. I was lucky if I could change the darn windshield wipers on the Audi without a special tool and lots of patience! Having fixed the "manual mode" with an $80 part was about the extent of my troubles though with that car. I always did love Audi, my first one was 1996 A4 TDi... hated selling that car! Now I've spent more on this beast than I even sold the A6 for! Aaauoowch.