New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Major Horn Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:39 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Horn Problem

I own a 2003 Discovery II, purchased about 4 months ago. I knew going in there would be some electrical issues, and that was fine. I love the truck. However, last night something happened that I found odd. At about 11pm the horn was set off by something, and wouldnt go off. I grabbed the keys, started the car but the horn wouldnt stop. When i held down the horn button, it would stop, but when i let go, it would go off again. Because it was SOOOOO cold outside I blasted the heat and defrost thinking the cold weather may have caused some sort of electrical problem (short?). A few minutes later I could release the horn button and no noise, but when i got out and slammed the door it set back off. I got back in and stopped it by holding the horn button, but every time I touched the steering wheel the horn would beep.I continued to let the heat blast and got the manual out to find the appropriate fuse to remove, by the time I located the fuse the heat had been on for about 5-10 minutes, and the problem had gone away. Any suggestions? Also, I am having trouble with the traction ontrol (3 amber light warning), which will come on and off, without me doing anything.

Any suggestions would help greatly.

Thanks.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:41 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Major Horn Problem

Sorry, just realized this forum was not for tech problems, I will repost in other forum.