Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAJOR HORN ISSUE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:42 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAJOR HORN ISSUE!!!!

I own a 2003 Discovery II, purchased about 4 months ago. I knew going in there would be some electrical issues, and that was fine. I love the truck. However, last night something happened that I found odd. At about 11pm the horn was set off by something, and wouldnt go off. I grabbed the keys, started the car but the horn wouldnt stop. When i held down the horn button, it would stop, but when i let go, it would go off again. Because it was SOOOOO cold outside I blasted the heat and defrost thinking the cold weather may have caused some sort of electrical problem (short?). A few minutes later I could release the horn button and no noise, but when i got out and slammed the door it set back off. I got back in and stopped it by holding the horn button, but every time I touched the steering wheel the horn would beep.I continued to let the heat blast and got the manual out to find the appropriate fuse to remove, by the time I located the fuse the heat had been on for about 5-10 minutes, and the problem had gone away. Any suggestions? Also, I am having trouble with the traction ontrol (3 amber light warning), which will come on and off, without me doing anything.

Any suggestions would help greatly.

Thanks.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: MAJOR HORN ISSUE!!!!

Sounds like your horn button is bad.

As for the three amigos, was your wheels really good ro remove any brake dust, then have your brakes checked for wear, if they are to thin they can set off the lights.