New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Make your Go-Pro camera work for you.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 09:38 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Make your Go-Pro camera work for you.

Hello. I'm a 53 year old, born/raised in Massachusetts, now retired, communications lineman/fiber splicer. I used to live in upstate N.Y., mid-Michigan, Southern California, and now, mid-Florida. I have been 4-wheeling/working with Land Rover vehicles, exclusively, for 25 years. My 1st was a '69 Late 2-A 88" H.T. suffix: A. Koening L-621 King P.T.O. winch. (off-transmission). 4" lift on parabolic's. 33's, remote breather lines, orange polyurethane bushings. That was my "daily", for 10 years...drum brakes and double clutching, it all. Next was a '77 Sahara Gold 2-door Range Rover, suffix: D. very stock, very fun, very rare, CDL, too!. (got it "in" through Canada). Next was a '98 and '99 P38A Range Rover. (one GEMS 4.0, the other Bosch 4.6. respectively) The '99 HSE is my "daily". It sports full skid plating, lengthened brake lines, tree sliders, Ft.&R bumpers, all drive train vents extended to the top of fire wall, blue polyurethane suspension, custom lengthened prop shafts. OME 3" lift, 10K Superwinch, 305/60'sx18'' Dick Cepek F.C.'s, rear Detroit locker, 298,000 miles. Next, is the '01 Discovery Series 2 SD. It sports a TF 2" lift, diff guards, tree sliders, Ft.&R bumpers, ARB rear locker, CDL ,265/70/16's BFG KM2's on (real) ZU's, each drive train vent line ,extended to the top of the fire wall ,extended length drive shafts/brake lines. Finally, there's an '05 LR3 SE in the back corner of my garage, with transfer case electronic woes,(that basically, needs to go to the dealership).Mechanically, I perform all of my own work, and always have. [no one works on your truck, like you work on your truck.] I have been going through a few of the past posted questions, on this Forum. The following idea should help the members, diagnose their under carriage "bangs & clunks" easier? Put your off-road camera, (that you video tape your adventures with) into it's holder, (the one with the flat bottom base). Get an old car speaker, from your junk pile. Remove the magnet, and glue-up with marine epoxy. Now, you can place the set-up anywhere under the truck, and at any angle. Drive it around, to/over terrain that causes your noise issues. Go home, import it, and watch on your T.V. or lap top. (cheaper than hanging your $800 smart phone from a cradle, should it fall).