New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

My first Rover now fills the garage

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Rover now fills the garage

Hey everyone! I joined the forum a while ago when we decided to start looking for a Disco to replace the Volvo as a family vehicle. Ended up with a Range Rover this weekend that was traded straight across for the Volvo. It was one of those deals where we each had what the other wanted so titles were signed and we were on our way. So far I can find nothing wrong with it, I think we found a good one. No warning lights on, electrical all seems to work, no suspension issues, even the Hella lights all work. The only issues I've found are that it smells like it's been smoked in, and the back light to the HVAC screen doesn't work so I can't tell what the settings are. Mechanically it seems to be perfect except for some engine noise (lifters?) at idle which the owner said a shop told him thicker oil would fix. It almost sounds diesel-ish at idle, which makes me wonder about timing. That's my first research project.

Anyway, there's the rig, and we love it so far, I think it's just what the family needed. Hopefully I can add to the forum in the future!

Name:  IMG_7930.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  295.5 KB

Old 09-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

signature test