New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Member 02 Disco

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 09:43 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member 02 Disco

Hey everyone! I am actually going to test drive a 02 Disco with 179,000 miles on it. I was poking around this forum and saw a lot of good preventative maintenance posts and one with a list of what you should do every 60,000 miles. The body looks really good from the photos but I will be doing a thorough inspection when onsite. Is there anything I should be looking for specifically? Does anyone have a list of what I should do right away to the engine if they don't have service records available to me? They are asking $5,000 but I am pretty sure I can get them down to $3000 or $3500 since they listed that the hill assist and abs light are on the dash. Any info you can give me prior to wednesday's test drive I would really appreciate. Great forum as well, just downloaded the service and maintenance manuals for free!

Old 02-10-2015, 11:34 AM
LR1
Three Wheeling

Welcome! Keep us posted

Old 02-19-2015, 08:52 PM
7th Gear
Default 03 Disco - Finally

Well I went to go look at the 02 Disco with the 180,000 miles on it and it was literally falling apart - someone had removed the windshield molding and the entire interior liner was covered in mold - none of the handles worked either and the knock in the engine was awful. So I kept on going and found an 03 Disco II with only 132,000 miles on it and I test drove it tonight and bought it! The body was in excellent condition and all the controls worked well. The only think I couldn't get working was the Cruise control so if someone can point me in the right direction for the operation or maintenance for that section I would appreciate it! There was a couple of rust spots which I plan on fixing myself whenever this cold weather breaks but other than that it ran great. There was some minor knocking on the passenger side of the engine but it settled down when the Rover warmed up. I read on here about the massive engine maintenance to do at 150,000 miles so I may begin that this weekend. The water pump and serpentine belt were changed out when the car was picked up from the auction so those are set. A bit of oil was present below the break master cylinder so that may be the first major project. I'll keep everyone posted on the updates and some pics will come when it gets light out and I take it out tomorrow!