Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Beware: Land Rover Fort Myers

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:27 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware: Land Rover Fort Myers

Hello,
I just want to let everyone know about how I was "duped" by Land Rover of Fort Myers. I am a very cautious online buyer, but still -- caution is not enough. Be careful when purchasing cars online - even certified, pre-owned Land Rovers from a dealership and especially if that dealership is in Fort Myers, Florida.
I was extremely displeased and disgusted with my dealings with Land Rover of Fort Myers. I found a used 2006 Range Rover online. I spoke with and trusted the sales person who said the car was clean and straight, accident-free, clean interior, and in very good condition. When I spoke to the sales people, they never mentioned any of the flaws or defects. I gave the salesperson numerous opportunities to mention any problems with the car and he did not volunteer anything, rather he called the car excellent, tremendous and "stands tall." Therefore, given my trust and past experience with Land Rover dealers, I purchased the car. It was delivered to Dallas, Texas shortly thereafter. We understand that a 2006 Range Rover with 25,000 miles will not be perfect. However, we did not expect to get what we received.

The car that arrived was not as described. It had more scratches than usual, a crease in the rear fender, a very worn interior, balding tires, and had suffered an accident with a very poor clean up. We have also shown the car to our long time friends at Land Rover Dallas. They completely agree that the car was misrepresented. They agreed that it was not accident-free (as described by Fort Myers) and it had been very badly repaired (the rear bumper has clear brush strokes from repainting).

I immediately called the dealer to express my displeasure. Not only did the dealer refuse to let me return the car (I even agreed to pay for the transport to Dallas that already occurred), but they were extremely rude and offered little sympathy and minimal support.

I have been forced to take ownership of the car. It is terrible. The dealer and its owner have been awful. I would not recommend you deal with this company at all.

Mickey Ashmore
www.MickeyAshmore.com

Old 06-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Have you spoken to a attorney?

Old 07-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Overlanding

Did you ger a carfax report on it before purchase?

Old 07-05-2009, 08:31 PM
4th Gear
Default Reply: Lawyer + CarFax

Yes, we spoke to a lawyer and we did get a CarFax report. The CarFax came out clean, but the car was definitely damaged/wrecked.

This is a very unfortunate situation. Any recommendations?