Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

cop responds to fight to find his son dying!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cop responds to fight to find his son dying!

SAD

POSTED: 10:49 am PST March 29, 2005
UPDATED: 10:57 am PST March 29, 2005

PATERSON, N.J. -- A New Jersey police officer is talking about the horror of responding to a report of a fight -- only to discover the mortally wounded victim was his son.

Officer Wayne Smith got the call early Easter morning. As he pushed his way through the crowd in Paterson, someone yelled, "Wayne that's your son, Dayshawn. He just got stabbed!"

Smith told the Herald News, "It went right to my heart." He said he ran up to his 20-year-old son, but "he was lifeless."

Smith recalled saying "It's Dad! I'm right here! Wake up!"

He said he held his son until emergency crews arrived and tried to revive him. Dayshawn Smith was taken to the hospital, where he died a few hours later.

Authorities said he was trying to break up the fight when he was stabbed in the chest.

Old 04-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Mudding
Default RE: cop responds to fight to find his son dying!

That's awful

Old 04-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle

no kidding, I would have killed the guy who stabbed him if it was me.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: mikemeyer0

no kidding, I would have killed the guy who stabbed him if it was me.
Ditto

Old 04-04-2005, 08:39 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is more to the story, his son was involved with a bad crowd and was going through a rough time in his life. I know this doesn't justify him dying, and it would suck if you were a COP/EMS and find a family member dead.

-lex

Old 04-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle

i am vol. firefighter, and i always worry about showing up on a scene and finding a friend or relative. I think about it and wonder if I could handle it, then relize that i would rather be there and do my best to help them out or be with them before they do pass on it that were the case. I have been to a a friends crash before but it was not too serious. I went to a call one night and it was a girl i went to HS with but did not know real well, she died on the scene but the saddest thing is here parents pulled up to help before there was really any rescue there, i theink there was 2 of us fire fighters and a sheriff, but here dad relized it was his daughters car and started freaking out, (i would have too) cause he knew the girl inside was dead. it was very sad. His wife was in thier car trying to figure out what was going on. The sheriff relized it and booked it over to the girls mother before she got out of the car to see what had happened. really sad.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Mudding

Sad, yet ironic.
That would probably be the scariest part of being a cop, seeing a friend or family member in pain...

Old 04-28-2005, 02:57 AM
Recovery Vehicle

my cousin used to work for rural/metro in dalworthington (DALlas, fort WORTH, arlINGTON) and he got a call once where a couple guys in a bran new Trans Am wrecked at 120 into a concrete barrier. the car was on fire, the 18 year olds inside couldn't get out. when johnny got there, they could only hear screams. that was the worst he had.

my cousin in law marty, works east of dallas as a parametic/fireman, he said his worst call was once there was a wreck and there were two people, dad and son. son was about 6. marty was working on the dad and the little boy tapped him on the shoulder and asked, "is daddy going to be ok?"

what do you say to that?