Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Corona Virus

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 09:20 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,167 Likes on 842 Posts

My wife must be very, very concerned...because she has me washing my hands often, and even has me using a few different types of soaps.

First, she pointed out this one soap called...dish soap...which l'd never heard of. You pour some in the big stainless steel tub mounted in the countertop in this room she calls...the kitchen...which l didn't even know we had, weird, l must walk past it everyday going to work, anyhow, you put the soap in there and swirl it around with warm water to make a bunch of suds. Pretty fascinating really, the way it all worked. Anyhow. She recommended putting the dirty dishes in there and wiping them down with this solution, which made sense. She says l should do this three times a day, to ward off the virus. And recommends possibly doing it for the next few months, possibly even a year or so...after the virus has been eradicated. Now, that's unconditional love right there baby...thinking that far into the future.

Then she showed me this big white steel box we have in the basement that holds water. You put some of this stuff called...laundry detergent...inside the inner tub, fill with warm water and swirl the soap around with your hand...making your hands delightfully clean. She suggested l throw some dirty clothes into this contraption...since it was full of soap and all, again, which made perfect sense. Fortunately, this only has to been done once or twice a day. But, possibly for the rest of my life. Again, she must want me around for a long, long time. The feeling l get from just knowing that she wants me safe and sound, by following these little procedures...makes my heart sing.

There have been several other cleaners that she's showed me, too, that will keep me from contracting the virus...bathroom cleaner, floor cleaner, oven cleaner, window cleaners, pet shampoo, carpet cleaners, etc. Never knew she cared about my health so much, she's one hell of a woman...l'm so fortunate to have her in my life. I'm probably the luckiest man on earth!

Hope all of you other guys are getting the same type of pampering.

Brian.

The following users liked this post:
JUKE179r (03-16-2020)
Old 03-15-2020, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,485 Likes on 1,213 Posts

lol...

OffroadFrance (03-25-2020)
Old 03-15-2020, 10:49 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
My wife must be very, very concerned...because she has me washing my hands often, and even has me using a few different types of soaps.

First, she pointed out this one soap called...dish soap...which l'd never heard of. You pour some in the big stainless steel tub mounted in the countertop in this room she calls...the kitchen...which l didn't even know we had, weird, l must walk past it everyday going to work, anyhow, you put the soap in there and swirl it around with warm water to make a bunch of suds. Pretty fascinating really, the way it all worked. Anyhow. She recommended putting the dirty dishes in there and wiping them down with this solution, which made sense. She says l should do this three times a day, to ward off the virus. And recommends possibly doing it for the next few months, possibly even a year or so...after the virus has been eradicated. Now, that's unconditional love right there baby...thinking that far into the future.

Then she showed me this big white steel box we have in the basement that holds water. You put some of this stuff called...laundry detergent...inside the inner tub, fill with warm water and swirl the soap around with your hand...making your hands delightfully clean. She suggested l throw some dirty clothes into this contraption...since it was full of soap and all, again, which made perfect sense. Fortunately, this only has to been done once or twice a day. But, possibly for the rest of my life. Again, she must want me around for a long, long time. The feeling l get from just knowing that she wants me safe and sound, by following these little procedures...makes my heart sing.

There have been several other cleaners that she's showed me, too, that will keep me from contracting the virus...bathroom cleaner, floor cleaner, oven cleaner, window cleaners, pet shampoo, carpet cleaners, etc. Never knew she cared about my health so much, she's one hell of a woman...l'm so fortunate to have her in my life. I'm probably the luckiest man on earth!

Hope all of you other guys are getting the same type of pampering.

Brian.
You poor thing... my unconditional love was demonstrated by spraying my husband down in Lysol because he refused to wash his hands after using his mobile phone in bed

I think he's trained now

The following 3 users liked this post by KernowDiscovery:
OffroadFrance (03-25-2020), Sixpack577 (03-16-2020), The Deputy (03-19-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 07:43 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

Popped into the main supermarket this morning. All the hand wash, hand sanitizer, bleach, multisurface cleaners, TP and paper towel rolls are depleted. Nice to see the locals are starting to wash.
Lucky for me, the wine and beer aisle were fully stocked.

Last edited by JUKE179r; 03-16-2020 at 07:45 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JUKE179r:
OffroadFrance (03-18-2020), Sixpack577 (03-16-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 07:05 AM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

The first animal has died from the Covid 19 in Hong Kong, how they know lord only knows as there is no testing even on humans in the UK. It was a dog that died. The UK is far behind many European countries for Covid 19 precautions.

Old 03-18-2020, 07:12 AM
Baja

Yeah, even the frog men wash once a week on average whether they need to or not. Women wash twice a week! Seriously....................... ha, ha, ha,

Old 03-19-2020, 10:45 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,167 Likes on 842 Posts

Yep, we take a bath every first Saturday of the month...whether we need it or not...lol.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

A friend sent this link to me today which tracks the Covid-19 virus around the world. Obviously this only represents those that have had testing:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Stay safe,

Christina

Old 03-25-2020, 06:10 AM
Baja

Do NOT trust everything Trump states, he's a fat liar like Johnson. They are only interested in money, NOT the health of the US nation.

Easter my ***! more like 12 months minimum!

For the US, France and the UK the worst is yet to come soon, many more will die in agony.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 03-25-2020 at 06:15 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:23 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

Since we are now on lock down in the UK to self quarantine, I'm going to make the most of it...
- Exercise
- Reorganize my house and give to charity clothes and items I no longer wear or use
- Eat healthy. Use the juicer I bought years ago that is still boxed up.
- Work on the Disco
- Reorganize my 4000+ vinyl record collection, CD collection and DVDs.
- Delete people's phone numbers I don't contact anymore on my iPhone
- Keep the telly off and read books
- Delete old emails that clutter my inbox and sent items

And then on the 2nd day I'll....

lol

KernowDiscovery (03-25-2020)

Quick Reply: Corona Virus