Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

It depends whether you love it or loathe it!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Default It depends whether you love it or loathe it!

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...ella-promotion

Personally I loathe it, far too sweet and sickly, but many just dream of Nutella. Whatever their choice there's a huge profit in the sale of it as you cannot believe they sold it at a loss.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...ella-promotion

Personally I loathe it, far too sweet and sickly, but many just dream of Nutella. Whatever their choice there's a huge profit in the sale of it as you cannot believe they sold it at a loss.
Never tried it but 'love it or loathe it' sounds like the title of a BBC tv show.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:44 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
you cannot believe they sold it at a loss
Yes products are sold at a loss at times.

Gee let's pass another law that's says it's illegal to sell a product at a loss.

No wonder many Americans thing frogs suck.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:59 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by number9
Yes products are sold at a loss at times.

Gee let's pass another law that's says it's illegal to sell a product at a loss.

No wonder many Americans thing frogs suck.
The frogs NEVER sell anything at a loss. Nutella is an import made by Ferrero Rocher, it's the only chocolates I ever eat and then only at Christmas when the wife buys me them. Ironically, it is illegal here to sell something cheap that hasn't been offered at the full price a month before, it's their weird sales laws for which this one is under investigation. There are many strange laws here in France, this is just one of many. Nice country here, shame about the sullen people though.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:06 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Never tried it but 'love it or loathe it' sounds like the title of a BBC tv show.
Hi KD

Yep, you are right there. Fortunately I don't do much TV as it's all reality shows, soap operas and similar crap, I actually detest the TV apart from F1 and MotoGP and some other sport items, like rugger, cricket etc. I hate football (soccer) though, too many 'actors', lots of emotions and overpaid fairies in it.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

It's called a "loss leader" here, by the marketing gurus. Bring them in for the deal and hopefully they purchase a bunch of other stuff at regular price. Nothing unusual about it, really. Can be used to the consumers advantage, if they only buy the "loss leaders" and exit store. The guy at work does it all the time, hits three or four stores, buying the deals and saves a fair amount of money. Works well, if you have all of the stores in close proximity...and don't mind wasting (or saving...depending on your position of shopping vs time spent on this earth doing the things yout enjoy...lol) your time shopping.

Brian.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:10 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by The Deputy
It's called a "loss leader" here, by the marketing gurus. Bring them in for the deal and hopefully they purchase a bunch of other stuff at regular price. Nothing unusual about it, really. Can be used to the consumers advantage, if they only buy the "loss leaders" and exit store. The guy at work does it all the time, hits three or four stores, buying the deals and saves a fair amount of money. Works well, if you have all of the stores in close proximity...and don't mind wasting (or saving...depending on your position of shopping vs time spent on this earth doing the things yout enjoy...lol) your time shopping.

Brian.
Hi Brian

Yep, that's similar to the UK. Here in France the philosophy is way different, a 'loss leader' is someone who leads them into a conflict they'd rather avoid rather than cheap 'get you into the store' goods.