Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Do you drive a gas guzzler? Dealing with difficult comments on Rover ownership.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013 | 10:01 AM
|
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
No worries there eh, no stress or family upset - result. As the song goes "another one bites the dust"

Who knows. I just really wanted to give him his gift. I don't think I've ever been that excited to give someone something. I put a LOT of thought into it. So here it sits on a shelf reminding me of the conversations I could have had but never will Ahh.. the joys of living

Old 12-26-2013 | 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Update: Well I'm kinda bummed. My 'nemesis' didn't make the Christmas get together afterall. Rumor has it he had a mid-life crisis and moved to Georgia for the winter.. confusing! No one knew the full story Cheers.
nice...now you can poke at him about, for what will surely be a 2 seater, bright red, gas guzzling convertible, that he will be driving to the next reunion.
and give him this poster...

should go over well..

Old 12-26-2013 | 02:54 PM
|
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by dusty1
nice...now you can poke at him about, for what will surely be a 2 seater, bright red, gas guzzling convertible, that he will be driving to the next reunion.
and give him this poster...

should go over well..

Charming! It must run in the family as I feel like I'm going thru one myself (attachments provided)

Attached Thumbnails Do you drive a gas guzzler? Dealing with difficult comments on Rover ownership.-lobes.jpg   Do you drive a gas guzzler? Dealing with difficult comments on Rover ownership.-paradigm.jpg  
Old 12-26-2013 | 05:38 PM
Pro Wrench

Where did you get the Land Rover model?? I have a couple of smart car r/c models and a Land Rover model would look good with them.

Old 12-26-2013 | 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

A lot of the rover parts retailers had little gift idea models.

Old 12-28-2013 | 02:43 PM
Old 12-30-2013 | 09:03 PM
Camel Trophy

Hey Christina, thanks for looking after your ACE mechanic you sneaky little thing! I ate all the chocolates and am about to do a dooky in my drawers, my tummy hurts. Not sure what the "balloons" are for....... I'll fill em with champlain and toss em at the Cherry Ball on New Years. The gloves and lip gloss will keep me sexy looking...... and the Diary of my neurotic issues is already filled out, need somebody to sign it with a Doctoral degree. I can't believe you found my truck behind the building.....on helluva stalker I'll say.

Old 12-30-2013 | 09:18 PM
|
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ihscouts
Hey Christina, thanks for looking after your ACE mechanic you sneaky little thing! I ate all the chocolates and am about to do a dooky in my drawers, my tummy hurts. Not sure what the "balloons" are for....... I'll fill em with champlain and toss em at the Cherry Ball on New Years. The gloves and lip gloss will keep me sexy looking...... and the Diary of my neurotic issues is already filled out, need somebody to sign it with a Doctoral degree. I can't believe you found my truck behind the building.....on helluva stalker I'll say.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Doug! I was hard pressed for ideas and figured that you could use some protective wear seeing as you're out there pulling granny's out of snowbanks 24/7. Wouldn't want you to chap something! I'm sure you have a bird's eye view of everything that transpires by your truck so as the saying goes, it takes one to know one