Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

It's Happening. Gas Is Dead!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 09:53 AM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UtahLandy
I have never heard of an ICE vehicle just spontaneously catching fire while turned off and sitting in the driveway or garage.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/mysterious...ry?id=60843215

https://autos.yahoo.com/ford-expedit...123100984.html

Old 05-19-2022, 09:57 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Mechano2020
Probably back into the mine where it came from ....

Cobalt mine for "green" EVs

....But don't let your heart be troubled ... is all for the good of the planet
You brainwashed do realize that those mines aren't exclusively for EV use, right? Lots of products require cobalt. Even gas cars. Lithium? Used in you smartphone and all manner of electronics. As if oil production isn't worse? lol.

The following users liked this post:
WTFChuck (05-19-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 04:00 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 209 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by norbert-tx
You brainwashed do realize that those mines aren't exclusively for EV use, right? Lots of products require cobalt. Even gas cars. Lithium? Used in you smartphone and all manner of electronics. As if oil production isn't worse? lol.
Yeah Bubba ... we get it, but vehicles requires the most. And spare me the phones and "other" electronics. They do, but infinitesimally smaller.
Enlighten me, why is it oil production worse than these huge gapping holes in the ground ? ( and do not copy from wiki )

Old 05-19-2022, 06:27 PM
Overlanding

lol, are you serious? That one pit mine for cobalt is nothing. The local land fill where you live is probably bigger. But yea, go ahead and believe the lies being fed to you. Its just distraction. I'm in Houston, so I'm not anti oil, in fact we're enjoying the high gas prices. Its doing wonders for the local economy!

Old 05-19-2022, 07:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 209 Likes on 137 Posts

When a bleeding heart liberal like you can't intelligently debate an issue acts exactly like you Bubba...
Congratulations for coming out !

Old 05-19-2022, 08:40 PM
Banned
Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

it appears I stand corrected. Thanks for the articles. Glad I don’t have a BMW or Ford.

Old 05-20-2022, 10:53 PM
Received 392 Likes on 305 Posts

2035 ehhh. Well when they stop building subdivisions everywhere and decrease the so called green energy price of electricity and upgrade the power grid. I’ll keep driving my old gas engines Everytime I read or hear about green crap it’s costing a fortune. Tax grab

Old 05-20-2022, 10:54 PM
Received 392 Likes on 305 Posts

Regardless. Trump is coming back That will end this nonsense

Old 05-22-2022, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,669 Posts

EV is NOT the answer sorry. Everyone is just acting like EV is like a golf cart, and you just plug it in and go about your business. The things weigh a lot so tire wear, brake pad wear, and other maintenance items are required more frequent. Also range is totally effected by the elements the EV is in. It's not a guaranteed range by any means. You think gas prices are insane just wait till your monthly electric bill is 3-4 times as much. As with anything it will turn into supply and demand. Stop buying fuel and relying on KW's and watch EVERY single electric CO-OP go immediately up on the KW rate. Also most homes are NOT setup for the high end chargers and require $$$$ to upgrade your house to support it. Then the electric companies which are already complaining about grid issues will either limit the KW's available or won't be able to supply it. Then coal power plants, NUKE plants will see an increase, and sorry Nuclear Power is NOT CLEAN one boo boo and 10,000 years of you can't step foot there....

Also it's all about control. You will not be able to wrench on a Tesla yourself or any other brand EV. All they have to do is void your warranty, disable super charging all by a simple keystroke and upload to your vehicle. Don't pay your payment on time and bingo they can lock you out and disable your vehicle completely. Also the EV crowds way to drive around is get out the iPad, watch a movie, and just let the auto pilot do everything for you. I just passed a Tesla X with a guy totally on his iPad going 70MPH down the road.

I've also seen off road 4x4's and I just laugh. Range = no way you can guarantee that, and say you go out to Big Bend National park 300-400 miles out in the middle of no where off road and you can't get back to recharge you are stuck out there until the little solar panels do their thing or you rely on a gas powered generator lol.

Then you have the time it would take to travel say across the USA. Cannon Ball run for example is like 22-23HR in a petrol powered vehicle and 44HR in an EV.... Sorry that is NOTHING to brag about. EV folks act like you can just relax, catch up on emails, watch a movie while you just sit there and charge for 45min, but I prefer to pull into a gas station, fill up, use the restroom, and be on my way in less than 5min tops. I mean if we switch to EV is everyone's vacation time going to just simply double to justify the extra time it takes to travel? Heck no!!

People are simply being blinded by EV IMHO. Yes in a city EV makes perfect sense especially for public transport where the bus or taxi would simply recharge at the depot. However for say TX an EV is just not practical.

Old 05-22-2022, 05:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,405 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by Best4x4
The things weigh a lot so tire wear, brake pad wear, and other maintenance items are required more frequently. Nuclear Power is NOT CLEAN one boo boo and 10,000 years of you can't step foot there....
E-brakes reduce brake wear to almost nothing as they use forward momentum to return power to the battery. My Taycan watches the car ahead and automatically slows using the motor as a generator under smart regen. If I keep the car 4 years, I may not have to service the brakes.

Tires, yes, depending on how you all that extra torque those are expected to last 20k miles but they are also extremely grippy and I've been lucky to get 30k out of similar Pilot Super Sports on a V8 ICE car.

"Other maintenance"? Like what? My first Taycan service is due at 2 years and the only actually service is brake fluid and a cabin air filter.

Nuke plants are like plane crashes. It's a totally irrational fear. Burning coal releases more radiation than nuke plants ever have.

What about Fukushima? ONE plant worker MAYBE died from radiation... lung cancer that could have been caused by something else. Even the dirty hippies at the Guardian disagree with this one.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ealth-un-japan

​​​​​​Clean nuke is real. ****ty air from coal and nat gas kills more people worldwide every month than all nuke plants have since their inception.

Enjoy watching Isabelle.

​​​​​​There's a lot of other crazy **** on your post. You think "they" can't shut your Landie down from some remote location?

Loosen up, ignore the politics and the agenda. EV's are fun as hell and you've clearly not been around one.

Last edited by _Allegedly; 05-22-2022 at 05:43 PM.

Quick Reply: It's Happening. Gas Is Dead!