Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Kudos to British Atlantic

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 07:12 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kudos to British Atlantic

Given all the conversation on the "Don't buy from BP Utah" thread, i thought i'd post about my excellent experience with British Atlantic. I'm moving to Baton Rouge tomorrow; my family is following sometime in the near future. Since initially i'm going by myself, i rented a Uhaul trailer. I wanted a locking pin to secure the trailer slug in the receiver but couldn't fine one locally that would fit the wide LR receiver. Called British Atlantic on Thur last and asked about the two different models they showed. They said if i ordered by Friday, i could have it by today at the latest. Ended up ordering online that evening. As of yesterday, UPS still wasn't showing any tracking info, so i emailed BA. Within an hour or two of the email, i got a phone call from Dave at BA, telling me that they showed when the order was placed, when it was processed, and when UPS picked it up. He had already been on the phone with UPS trying to locate the package and said it appeared to be lost in the Christmas rush. He apologized but said even if he sent a replacement overnight, it wouldn't ship until today, and i wouldn't get it before tomorrow. He had done everything he could to mobilize UPS.

Yesterday evening, i got an email update from UPS that they had located my shipment in Roanoke and that it would be delivered by today. Emailed Dave again to thank him for lighting a fire under UPS. This morning, Dave called me again to say he'd gotten my email, that he'd checked UPS and saw that it was on the vehicle for delivery. He asked me to call him when i got to Baton Rouge and let him know that i arrived safely, and to please call again any time i needed anything, even if it was just to ask a question. Mind you, i'm a first-time customer who ordered something less than $50; that's wonderful customer service, at least from my perspective, and i'm sure i'll be dealing with them again in the future. I figure if we're going to post complaints about bad deals, we ought also to post about the really good ones.

kevin

Old 12-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I'm one that weighed in on BP of Utah...

I'm one that had a good experience with BP of Utah. I mentioned that I had only the one data point. I can say that I've ordered from British Atlantic on several occasions, and have always been completely satisfied. They are top notch.

DRW