Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Lucky 8 bad experience.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 10:24 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Best4x4
I gave Lucky8 another shot after 2 bad transactions in the past. Stuff showed up pretty quick & it was the correct brand and in it’s OEM packaging vs just tossed into a bag.

Thanks for giving us another chance. We do strive for perfection but it is hard sometimes. Please email me direct next time you need something and I will be sure to handle it personally and at a discounted rate.

The following users liked this post:
Best4x4 (05-09-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by redwhitekat
I’ve had bad thermostats from them and when I shipped them back they stated they never received it

and the video where they install the cdl shifter with that girl that looked so uncomfortable what a joke
Feel free to email me: erik@LK8parts.com

I will personally look into this matter and find a resolution.

I'm sorry you don't like the CDL video. Feel free to make a better one. 10 years ago that is all we had to work with. 160k people seemed to enjoy it

- Erik

Kenso (05-09-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 10:40 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 711 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by WNYErikDiscoII
It is company policy to block users who leave negative feedback before the transaction is complete.
Wow, I will never buy from you guys again. That is the most backwards policy I have ever heard. The feedback system is for that, feedback. Both positive and negative. You admit you failed, but you dont want anyone to know? Should all business ban those that leave negative feedback? Restaurants? So instead of trying to improve your order management, just ban the the buyers with experiences and get the feedback brushed under the carpet. The dollar amount of the sale is not a justification. Reading posts here, clearly the OPs situation is not isolated or unique.

Old 05-09-2019, 10:55 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by WNYErikDiscoII
Feel free to email me: erik@LK8parts.com

I will personally look into this matter and find a resolution.

I'm sorry you don't like the CDL video. Feel free to make a better one. 10 years ago that is all we had to work with. 160k people seemed to enjoy it

- Erik

LOL! I thought the video was good and I “get” why you did it that way. It also helped me get my center consol removed, for a different task, without breaking anything. So THANKS for taking the time to do it.

As a moderately active Ebay seller and buyer, I think that negative feedback is a slippery slope. I certainly do not use it lightly and I realize that many folks can use it as a retaliatory action and often do not reveal the entire story. Many negative feedbacks should be taken with a grain of salt. Glad its sorted. I haven’t yet but I still wont hesitate to buy from Lucky8 at some point.

WNYErikDiscoII (05-09-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 12:08 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Lucky 8 is a good company over all they just have one salesman there who will ban you from buying on ebay in a heart beat if you say anything remotely negative in regards to their performance. . Its a bad business practice. I have 2 discos and have spent a small fortune with other companies because of this guy.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
Wow, I will never buy from you guys again. That is the most backwards policy I have ever heard. The feedback system is for that, feedback. Both positive and negative. You admit you failed, but you dont want anyone to know? Should all business ban those that leave negative feedback? Restaurants? So instead of trying to improve your order management, just ban the the buyers with experiences and get the feedback brushed under the carpet. The dollar amount of the sale is not a justification. Reading posts here, clearly the OPs situation is not isolated or unique.

He left a negative feedback before he even received the part. He agreed to remove it when we sorted it out. We sorted it out, twice technically. He refused to remove it after we made it right.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:05 PM
Camel Trophy

Totally missing the point. You screwed up. If a restaurant take 3 hours to deliver my meal and while waiting at hour number two I leave a bad review on Yelp saying how I am still waiting for my food... I should remove my review because I eventually did get my food, after three hours? Oh, and the restaurant of course would ban me for leaving said review.

The OP may have jumped the gun on wanting the item shipped out. I mean a week is not a huge deal for me to wait on shipping. I order so much from overseas I can wait up to a couple months before something arrives. But nonetheless he said he inquired and heard nothing back. Then left the review. Would be nice to get a better window into the number of days from ordering to feedback left. A buyer has only so long to leave feedback after all. If I ordered something and it did not ship and I inquired yet do not get a response, I may very well do the same.

Yes, there are always two sides but when ya screw up then "punish" the CUSTOMER by banning them. That just seems so wrong, so very wrong...

Old 05-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered from Lucky8 through Amazon and order arrived in a week or so. No problems.

In B4 lock.

WNYErikDiscoII (05-10-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yardpro
So a while back I ordered a key fob from lucky 8 through eBay.. They "lost" the order. Finally a week later they said they shipped the fob and I did indeed receive an empty container from them, nothing was inside.
I had to again contact them and they finally shipped the fob. So almost three weeks later I finally got the fob.

I initially tried to contact them about why it had not shipped over a week after I ordered it. I for no response initially so I left a negative feedback.
Honest, not mean or ugly but very factual.

I then got a response and they asked me to remove the negative feedback. I told them I would consider when I got the fob. That's when they shipped me an empty bag with nothing inside.
After more back and forth I finally got the fob and left hmthe feedback as it was.

I had forgotten about the order and just went to order a shuttle valve from them and got a message that they were not accepting bids from me.

Lol. They screw up TWICE, I leave a very honest feedback and they refuse to do more business with me.....
I think you're wrong. You shouldn't have left negative feedback after they made it right. The fact that you did that confirms my suspicion that you lied about the empty envelope. They bent over backwards to make it right for an $8 purchase and you still stomped your feet. $8....seriously....

Last edited by Luc1f3r; 05-09-2019 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:12 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Luc1f3r
I think you're wrong. You shouldn't have left negative feedback after they made it right. The fact that you did that confirms my suspicion that you lied about the empty envelope.
Wrong person. And besides, read the original post again.

Quick Reply: Lucky 8 bad experience.