Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

The pinnacle of life?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Hi MonteroMan,

Yep, you are probably not far off the mark. I prefer solitude and my own company most of the time. I have been a bit of a risk taker over the years and bummed about in Australia in the bush and Malaysia, Borneo peninsular, in the jungle but I'm afraid now at my time of life I tend to stick to the '4 star' camping and lower risk pursuits. France is a difficult place for varying reasons but offers a remoteness if desired unavailable in many other european countries particularly the over crowded UK. I do enjoy wild animals and the natural world but these days never flaunt uncalculated risks with any animals not since an irate water buffalo crept up behind me in the Malaysian wilderness because I was too close to his female mate and their offsprings. What a big boy he was and definitely not for messing with. Australia and Malaysia were fairly wild places but at that time didn't appear as 'hair raising' as many had one believe but sometimes ignorance is bliss which is when it's most dangerous. Often on my trekking adventures I found the two legged human predators often more dangerous than the animals.

I'm not big into crowds or people and find my own company sufficient more often than not but love vehicles, machines and building renovations and now find these pursuits fulfilling. I've never been big into history or passive pursuits looking at old ruins but tolerate this for the sake of others. My major 'hobbies' or 'pastimes' these days are sand yachting, motorcycling and golf followed but much computer researching of repairs to vehicles and machines. I hate TV with a passion but enjoy music quite often. I also love F1 and MotoGP, World Superbikes etc. as motorsport is another passion.