Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Whatever happened to KernowDiscovery

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 05:31 AM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Whatever happened to KernowDiscovery

We haven't heard from KernowDiscovery for sometime now and wondering whether she's OK or just moved on and given up hope with the D2.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

hasn't been around for a while.....maybe the truck won.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Oh dear god.. haha.. leave it to Offroad to put my name up in lights A little birdie told me that you posted this.

I am well, thank you.. no, my Rover hasn't 'gotten' the best of me yet and I'm happy to report she is acting like a spoiled brat like everyone else's PITA. The little things are adding up and I need to spend some time on the issues soon.

Life has just been keeping me busy. Trying to keep the shop running smoothly, working hard at my 9-5 job and trying to keep everyone happy. Some days it isn't so easy...

Heard you are presently experiencing a heat wave Offroad. 35C?!? That's insane!!......

stay cool and thanks for caring

Old 07-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Oh dear god.. haha.. leave it to Offroad to put my name up in lights A little birdie told me that you posted this.

I am well, thank you.. no, my Rover hasn't 'gotten' the best of me yet and I'm happy to report she is acting like a spoiled brat like everyone else's PITA. The little things are adding up and I need to spend some time on the issues soon.

Life has just been keeping me busy. Trying to keep the shop running smoothly, working hard at my 9-5 job and trying to keep everyone happy. Some days it isn't so easy...

Heard you are presently experiencing a heat wave Offroad. 35C?!? That's insane!!......

stay cool and thanks for caring
Great to hear all is OK with you KD, I was beginning to get concerned.

I wish the heatwave was only 35C Wednesday was 46C, yesterday was 34C and today 38C and all taken in the shade. Tonight it's 22.30 and the outside temp is still 28C and indoors 27.5C, time to switch on the aircon I think.

Anyways, keep safe and don't work too hard as there is always time for work later Good to hear the D2 is still going OK albeit with the normal maladies.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:02 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Her Disco is slowly disintegrating into a pile of ABS plastic, rusty screws and overpriced fuel. Binnacle has completely broken all it's mountings, the rear tail light can't be removed to replace a burned out bulb (which she can be ticketed for) due to one (maybe two) phillips being rounded out and her fuel mileage is darn near spot on at just a pinch over 16 mpg average, it's a piggy. I'm the little birdie and part time malady fixer.......

Old 07-04-2015, 06:58 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

...nothing like seeing your name in lights and your dirty laundry aired on the same day.....

Now I know what celebrities feel like. Dang Papa Razzi..

oh, wait a minute, we were talking about vehicles, not pizza. My bad.

Offroad.. your description was like 50 shades of hot! Are you sure you were reading the thermometer correctly and that was in the shade??!?? I don't think I've ever seen it that hot over here. WOW. And what do you mean 'time to put the AC on'?

How's your sis doing? Better, I hope?

Doug.... don't worry, I have plans to work on my tail-light lens this weekend. Something tells me I can only sweet talk myself out of a ticket once

Happy 4th of July you guys!!

Old 07-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
...nothing like seeing your name in lights and your dirty laundry aired on the same day.....

Now I know what celebrities feel like. Dang Papa Razzi..

oh, wait a minute, we were talking about vehicles, not pizza. My bad.

Offroad.. your description was like 50 shades of hot! Are you sure you were reading the thermometer correctly and that was in the shade??!?? I don't think I've ever seen it that hot over here. WOW. And what do you mean 'time to put the AC on'?

How's your sis doing? Better, I hope?

Doug.... don't worry, I have plans to work on my tail-light lens this weekend. Something tells me I can only sweet talk myself out of a ticket once

Happy 4th of July you guys!!
Yep, afraid so the heating system averaging thermometer is on the north face of the house outside and is in the shade after 10.00am. We also have an internal/external weather station in the doorway below and it gives the same to within 0.5C.

Thanks for asking KD, my sister, Cath, is doing OK but the recovery is never fast enough for her but she doesn't do any additional exercises outside the 2-3 physio sessions per week. If she did more exercise her recovery would have been better probably. (she was a teacher and you cannot tell her anything as she never listens, her husband, hmmmm, well he's chinese and has never been guilty of doing anything or even breaking sweat in his life)

Keep posting KD and don't work too hard ............. leave that for retirement.

PS oh, it was only 34C today but the Meteo said it would be 29C max

I remember one venture (stupid venture) into Death Valley, hot, hot, hot and also in Alice Springs in Aus in summer '91, mega hot, it was 36C at 09.00 and 45C by midday and still getting hotter in the afternoon.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 07-04-2015 at 02:54 PM.