Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Where in the world is Disco Mike?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand if you two think we should leave him alone. I'm all for giving a guy his privacy. But some of us are still concerned for his well-being. I'm not saying we should organize a search party or anything, but I would feel the same concern for any other prolific poster/mod on here. When they're on all the time and then they suddenly stop posting, people take notice. If anyone talks to him, tell him we say "Hi." That's all.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds to me like we got as much info as we need at this point...at least concerning his well-being. I've only been on this forum for 2 weeks and just reading Mike's old posts makes me feel there is hope in the world for D2 owners.

There'll be a happy reunion when he pays us a visit again, but yeah, the guy's got a real life, let him live it.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:29 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah he's fine, and certainly not in jail.
I think we've pursued this enough. Someone would have let us know if it was serious.
Lipad, no one has been bothering him. I don't think there is a problem with showing concern for an important member of this forum. Even though its the internet, this is still a community.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:19 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

As soon as I have more information to pass on to you guys I will. My friends back in CO assure Mike is doing just fine and they'll update me if that changes.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
Yeah he's fine, and certainly not in jail.
I think we've pursued this enough. Someone would have let us know if it was serious.
Lipad, no one has been bothering him. I don't think there is a problem with showing concern for an important member of this forum. Even though its the internet, this is still a community.
^this^

Originally Posted by AK Rover
As soon as I have more information to pass on to you guys I will. My friends back in CO assure Mike is doing just fine and they'll update me if that changes.
Thank you!

Old 08-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I'm just as concerned as I've always read his posts here and have valued his advice. He conducts himself in a very "old school" gentleman way you don't often see nowadays.

I run a background check business with access to many real-time databases that enables me to locate him or any relatives based on any bit of information that some of the members that are closer to him may have.

Please feel free to PM me so that I can PM you with what I find so you may contact him at your discretion while respecting any need for privacy he may want at the time. Perhaps it may cheer him to know that so many care and value him.

Hope everything is well with Mike.

Joe
Disco524

Old 08-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Nice thought but...

he's back. Or someone hacked his account.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:33 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Yes, I am back. Sorry for falling off the screen for the last couple of months, family issues got the best of me for awhile, but I am alive and kicking. Some may say this good or bad, but I am back and I appreciate the concern.
Looks like Spike and some of the others have taken good care of things while I was out. By the way, I have moved and am back in Denver with a different tele number but the same e-mail address, so if anyone needs me, e-mail me.
Take care,
Mike

Old 08-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Yes, I am back. Sorry for falling off the screen for the last couple of months, family issues got the best of me for awhile, but I am alive and kicking. Some may say this good or bad, but I am back and I appreciate the concern.
Looks like Spike and some of the others have taken good care of things while I was out. By the way, I have moved and am back in Denver with a different tele number but the same e-mail address, so if anyone needs me, e-mail me.
Take care,
Mike

Mike, i found out you had a new number when I called you with a question and some guy answered your old phone number and didnt sound so pleased as if hundreds of needy land rover owners had been calling him for weeks... it was pretty funny. glad you are well and back.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:47 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Take care,
Mike
Good youre back. Start working! LOL

Quick Reply: Where in the world is Disco Mike?