Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1997 discovery "xd"special edition

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 08:17 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 discovery "xd"special edition

HERE IS AN EXTREMELY RARE '97 DISCOVERY "XD" EDITION "SPECIAL VEHICLE" ONLY 250 EVER BUILT WORLD WIDE!!!

GREAT CONDITION & DRIVES EXCEPTIONALLY WELL WITHOUT ANY ISSUES.

150K CD CHANGER, NAVIGATION, 4X4, AUTOMATIC, COLD A/C GREAT HEATER, POWER WINDOWS. SUPER CLEAN INSIDE & OUT WITH NO SCRATCHES OR DENTS.

LESS THAN 70 LEFT IN THE WORLD!!!!

4 BRAND NEW OFF ROAD TIRES WILL BE ON THE CAR TOMORROW WITH A NEW WINCH.

FULLY EQUIPED, 7 SEATS, AND MORE...PLEASE SEE PICTURES AND GO ON GOOGLE (DISCOVERY "XD" SPECIAL EDITION) FOR FULL HISTORY OF THIS EXTREMELY RARE SAFARI LAND ROVER. (MOST DESIRABLE DISCOVERY ON THE MARKET)

SERIOUS BUYERS PLEASE AT $12,000!!! MARKET VALUE IN USA OR EUROPE $16,000 AND MORE!!!

CAN BE SEEN IN MY HOME NORTH DALLAS. CLEAR BLUE TX TITLE IN HAND. (((REMEMBER IT IS A "XD" SPECIAL VEHICLE)))

HEAD TURNER SUV & YOU CAN NEVER LOSE IT IN A PARKING LOT!!!

214-908-4545

Not sure if I can post a craigslist.com link here and if not I will remove but pictures are in this ad.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2138132558.html

Old 01-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Rig!

Sorry you are getting rid of an XD. I currently have an XD with 145K miles on the clock. Bought it with 17k miles in 1998, sold it in 1999 and repurchased it in March 2010 with 137k miles. Still in excellent shape thanks to extensive maintenance performed by the interim owners.

The marketing caught my attention, however I am still interested in this vehicle.

Several questions and concerns:
- How extensive if the service history?
- What parts have been replaced for repair or PM?
1. Fuel pump
2. 02 sensors (pre-cat, post-cat, right and left catalyst)
3. ABS wheel/hub sensors
- Are there any significant repairs common to the Disco I, GEMS 4.0 engine?
1. Head gasket replacement/'Valve Job'
2. Corrosion repair (Bulkhead, floorpans, A-pillar, B-pillar, wheel arch
3. Recalls, TSBs, Wear/tear minimized at common problemm locations (i.e. use silicone or marine sealant as needed, claim drain tubes/lines, differiential breather tubes kept free flowing and/or extended/replaced to maintain proper pessure differential).
3a. Swival *****, seals, etc replaced from oil to grease lubrication designed parts.
-Any exisiting problems
1. Mechanical accessories - side-steps, rear step (hydraulic retraction functional), Transfer case shifting, Transmission shift hard from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd or 2nd to 1st?.
2. Fundamental systems - ABS is functioning to specification w/o any regular adjustments to system clear faults. Both front and rear calipers are is excellent working order; healthy pistons, minimal pitting and corrosion. No wheel tracking wander under braking.

This is just a start. We'll have to sort the details out over the phone.

I've see several Discovery XDs change hands. The highest price was $9000 and change for a fine XD in near cream-puff condition. The mileage wasn't high, but the vehicle was absolutely immaculate. The seat covers were never removed, it was garaged for over 5 years with exceptional service records. And it was located in AZ.

I'll provide contact information within 24hr so we can discuss possible opportunities.

How did you arrive at the figure for 'Market Value?'

-Moose