General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K-bus fault, where to look....

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 09:54 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K-bus fault, where to look....

Help!!!
My TD3.0 has a period of a year or so, where the “air susp. Inactive”. Message came on. Every time i used my IID tool to reset and after a period, two days or two month, it came on again.
I was never able to reset it by turning the wheel from outer pos to outer pos.
Now come the strange:
My xenon bulb passed out. After 250.000 km. (Thats life)
In my own workshop, I changed the bulps, (batteri disconnected for a few days) after startup i did reset the airsusp.
One or two km after all the small informationlamps in the dasboards right field started to flash on and of simultanius.
I immitely reset all ECU’s with the IID tool.
Every thing was fine, and after a day the “Air susp. Inactive” went on again.
Now the IID tool gave me the info:
Looking for VIN no
no connection to the Highspeed CAN
no connection to the medium speed CAN
And that was it.
The original LR testbook say “no acces to the K-bus”
All functions in the car is working properly and i get error messages in the dashboard when a bulp is dead or cooling level is low og washer fluid is low and so on.
Long story, but can anyone give me a hint where to start.... (all fuses is checked)
I did follow the advice to check the K-bus somewhere in the car and i did.

Had an osciliscope on the K-bus. Here on the drivers door mirror/swich connection. Got a fine squarewawe signal.
All the cars systems works all right. When i.e. the connector (C0009), with the K-Bus, from a headllight Is disconnected, the dashboard shows “headlight fault” and when connected again, this message is gone.
In the Instrument panel, there is a “gateway” wich connect, and convert, all the busses C-bus, K-bus, P-bus and CANbus in the car to the Diagnostic connector.
Have you heard that this could be a known problem ?
Kind regards..