Range Rover Evoque Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque within.

Liftgate misalignment - no warranty coverage?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 03:44 PM
Winching
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Liftgate misalignment - no warranty coverage?

So I have a 2013 Evoque that I bought used last year. It is still under warranty and I took it in to the dealer for a leaky tail light (lots of moisture that doesn't clear) and a rattle from the rear of the car, which they thought was the lift gate.

They called back and said it looks like it's been in an accident (which there are no records of) and therefore the tail light and the lift gate alignment won't be covered under warranty.

When pressed further, they claimed the "seals" had been tampered with on the tail light. A couple weeks back I took off the tail light to check to see if there were any holes or damage causing it to leak. I noticed the foam tape along the top of the housing had half fallen off, so I glued it back on.

I also have never noticed any alignment issues with the lift gate (rub marks, visible alignment issues outside).

They are going to cover the tail light, but they have stated that the lift gate would only be covered if it was within a window (he mentioned 12 months) from being delivered since it was a problem from the factory.

How is this not covered under the regular factory warranty? Has anyone else been able to get it covered more than 12 months after delivery?

Old 02-01-2018, 07:08 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same

When i bought my used 2013 evoque, the liftgate was misaligned as well. The dealer told me that alignments were covered up to 12k miles. so it didnt get fixed. thankfully i haven't noticed any water getting in or anything.