Range Rover L322 (3rd Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover L322 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Finding Front Blower Relay

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 12:44 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Finding Front Blower Relay

Hi everyone... the air in my 2012 RR HSE SC is going nuts and I had to disconnect the battery because the defrost fan was running with the truck OFF. Found some threads in the LR forums and have discerned it’s likely a bad relay or FSR. I was hoping to remove the blower relay so I could revonndct the battery, but I can’t find it to save my life. All the pics of LR owners show this relay in the engine fuse compartment, but looking at the diagram there are no matching pics (and that box is maddeningly not detailed in the owner’s manual). I checked the glove compartment and rear loadspace fuse boxes and can only find a fuse for the rear blower, which works just fine. Are the blower relays in some secret location? I can’t find any data online.

Any help or insight greatly appreciated... would love to fix this without taking to the dealer.

Old 06-08-2019, 01:44 PM
4wd High

So as an interim solution, I pulled the F21 50amp maxi-fuse from the rear compartment fuse box (also not detailed in the manual, of course) which appeared to be for the front blower motor control going by the icon. I reconnected the battery and the blower is miraculously OFF, but if someone could please confirm this was the correct fuse to pull I’d be grateful. Paranoid it may be a cooling fan and don’t want to run the engine without being 100% confident I pulled the right fuse. Thanks!

Old 06-09-2019, 12:06 AM
4wd High

Seriously nobody knows where the blower relay is located?

Old 04-18-2020, 01:41 PM
2nd Gear

I was having the exact same issue this week. This was one of the first results I found on Google. I figured I'd share what worked for me in case anyone else in the future has a similar issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...tm_name=iossmf

Turns out the blower motor doesn't have a relay, it uses a resistor instead. Here are two links that walk you through how to replace it.

https://www.rswsolutions.com/index.p...stage-resistor

There's a step in the process where you have to remove a power clip from the resistor. You may have trouble here. And by "may", I mean, it's a ****ing pain in the ***. I had to contort my body in ways that would make Ted the Caver weep and I inadvertently taught my children several creative combinations of swear words.

Also- when it comes time to put the new FSR back in; there's a release tab that you need to push down, otherwise it will get stuck halfway through. I didn't see this mentioned in either the link or the video.