Range Rover L322 (3rd Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover L322 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White RRSC with fault codes - potential sale...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 10:19 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White RRSC with fault codes - potential sale...

hey guys,
im just outside Richmond, Virginia and I own a beautiful white 2011 RRSC which had the engine light come on late last week with 'restricted performance' showing on the display.
It was running fine all day while that was displayed - went out the next day and the light started flashing and it was lumpy and would not go above 30.
After the codes were checked by my very close toyota dealership, I started the car up the following day and it was back to a solid light, revving freely and drove fine around the parking lot. Thats when I had it towed to Land Rover - as Toyota did not want to get involved.

Several fault codes being displayed - misfiring on all cylinders, misfiring under low fuel, cam position, fuel pressure.

Land Rover have looked at it and suggested it has "jumped time" and are saying it needs new tensioners etc to the tune of $6700 + tax.
This is unfortunately more than I can really afford/warrant to spend on the car so i'm sadly considering selling it in this current condition unless anyone knows of this repair being a LOT cheaper with independant garages.

I was not sure whether a simple fuel pump issue would cause these codes (cam related one) and can obviously easily be fixed - which I would be happy to do.
If not and it is that costly, I'm going to have to sell it to the highest bidder...

Any thoughts from you lovely people.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Old 02-18-2020, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,590 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Cost at independent garages will vary greatly. I would suggest calling around to shops in your area and get a estimate.