Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.

Strange Electrical Issue happening more often

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 08:53 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Electrical Issue happening more often

Hello all,
2012 RR Sport. While driving I get an alert that the tire monitor system has a fault, then Nav screen goes black and AC quits working. Truck still runs and drives with no apparent loss of power or performance. Hazzards will not work either while we are in this mode. Has happened 4 times now within a week. Every time I just continue driving and it re boots and all comes back online. I made the mistake yesterday while at a stop light to shut down and re start. Well, I shut it down and it was dead. Start button would only say smart key could not be found. Finally after what seemed to be forever, everything came back on and it started and I drove it home. Side note. Was thinking battery(new one installed 4 moths ago) voltage at rest was 11.7 volts and while running it was 12.57. Alternator going out? Could this be a possible cause to my other issue with the liftgate? Opinions and input appreciated.

Old 11-28-2020, 03:05 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sell2ucheap
Hello all,
2012 RR Sport. While driving I get an alert that the tire monitor system has a fault, then Nav screen goes black and AC quits working. Truck still runs and drives with no apparent loss of power or performance. Hazzards will not work either while we are in this mode. Has happened 4 times now within a week. Every time I just continue driving and it re boots and all comes back online. I made the mistake yesterday while at a stop light to shut down and re start. Well, I shut it down and it was dead. Start button would only say smart key could not be found. Finally after what seemed to be forever, everything came back on and it started and I drove it home. Side note. Was thinking battery(new one installed 4 moths ago) voltage at rest was 11.7 volts and while running it was 12.57. Alternator going out? Could this be a possible cause to my other issue with the liftgate? Opinions and input appreciated.
don’t know if you ever fixed this issue, but I had a similar issue. Turned out to be the instrument cluster. There is a company in Seattle that will fix it for a couple hundred bucks if you send it to them